Win Seamless game access
XBMC is great but I wish it could be more customizable in regards to layout of how the menus look and adding or removing home menu buttons. I would like to be able to access game platforms from the home menu. I have added a button to confluence but it does not do anything. I want to create a N64 home menu button, for example, so when I click on the N64 button it will go straight into the games library for N64 and be able to play them from there. But there would be a home menu button for each platform. This would be a great feature to add to XBMC. On the home menu you would have ---- Videos, Movies,PS2, SNES, N64, Music, Pictures, Programs, etc.... Also if the games were imported from where you import movies and be able to add the scrapers from there as well. For this a generic folder to import all types of media would have to be made other than just for video files. XBMC is a great home theatre software but it is being used for more than just that with a lot of people wanting to play their retro games through XBMC. If you have a media centre why not use it to its full potential. I do hope you consider this for future builds and that it comes to fruition. Many thanks to the XBMC team.
Some skins such as aeon mq5 has an rom browser collection built into the skin. RBC is exactly what you are looking for. It's not the easiest to setup (to be honest, I gave up) and there are alternatives out there as well. If you like the beauty and customization of xbmc, then check out hyperspin (http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/)! Hyperspin is the same thing as xbmc for all retro gaming. Hyperspin is not user friendly either, but once you get it going and have it customized to your liking, there's NOTHING that comes close to it! Although I have not tried yet, I'm sure it's easy to setup xbmc to work with hyperspin via advanced launcher. Once my xbmc box is complete I'll be going back to work on hyperspin and figuring out how to merge the two.
you might also be interested in RetroPlayer http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=194
Thanks you Fail$tyle420. I have looked at rom browser collection but like you gave up. What a nightmare to try setup. I have had a quick look at Hyperspin on youtube and that looks pretty cool. I wonder if the layout is customizable? will it launch the emulator as well or do you need advanced launcher. I will look at it in more detail when I finish here. I am looking at XBMC to see if there is a way to set up a custom button for Games and bypassing the launcher page. I have gathered some of the info I need and now need to modify it. I have tried the confluence modified skin which is good. It allows more control on the skin. I just like the confluence skin as it runs very smooth. I have played with the program .xml files and know how to add more pics for the background and extra buttons but it is limited. Good luck with your XBMC box.

Thank you to you too da-anda. I have looked at retro player but I think Hyperspin is the way to go if I was to choose. Less clicks of the button to get to where I want to go.

With more and more people playing games on XBMC I hope they come up with a built in solution.

Thanks for your help guys.
like this?
watch gallery
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thanks bry-. That looks good. But is that on rom browser collection? I gave up trying to get it to work.
(2014-08-29, 06:31)XBMCPCTV Wrote: Thanks bry-. That looks good. But is that on rom browser collection? I gave up trying to get it to work.

plenty of people are able to get it to work. you should head over to the rcb thread and see what you are doing wrong so you can get it working. I don't see any attempt to get it sorted out in your post history. At least give it a go to get help from the community before you go and request a feature.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
plenty of people are able to get it to work. you should head over to the rcb thread and see what you are doing wrong so you can get it working. I don't see any attempt to get it sorted out in your post history. At least give it a go to get help from the community before you go and request a feature.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice bry-. Yes plenty of people are getting it to work but at the same time there are plenty of people who cannot get it to work. As for attempting to get it sorted out in my post history I decided to go down a different path. I believe Hyperspin is the way to go. It is as close as I am going to get to what I want. Less clicks of the button to get to where I want to go. I am sure there are plenty of people out there that would agree with me. As far as requesting a feature I believe that there is no harm in asking for it to be added as a default feature of XBMC. XBMC is not just for movies so why not have these features included if that is possible. Is there a specific protocol to request a feature? I would have thought that anyone can request a feature at anytime. I would do it myself but I do not have any programing experience. If you don't ask then you will not receive. It is worth trying.
Hyperspin is VERY customizable and THE most beautiful front end for a rom collection. Personally, I would prefer rom collection browser because of the integration and I may end up doing it at some time. Although I would recommend you get your collection imported and playable before you start messing with customizing things. It is definitely a head scratcher and maybe now rcb is much easier since I first attempted to get it up and going. With Hyperspin though it is recommended to have a semi-powerful rig for all of the animations to play properly....or disable em all together lol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seamless game access0