XBMC - Could not connect to network server
Hi There,

I'm experiencing issues with an Apple TV2 I purchased recently. For some reason, it can no longer connect to any network shares (SMB).
Here are the details of my unit:

Apple TV 2
Model = MC572X/A
Apple TV Software = 5.3 (6105)
NitoTV Version = 0.8.5 AppleTV2,1
XBMC Operating System = 13.0.0 version 6.1.4 (Build 10B809)
Build - 13.2
Git = 20140817-0f3db05 (Aug 17 2014)

When I purchased it, it had XBMC version 13.1 installed. I used the SSH instructions on one of the Wikis here and updated it to 13.2
As this is my first time posting on here, I'm not sure how to add attachments. I have created a folder in my DropBox that contains the log files and screenshots.
Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4wab4yhceq8t4...MByIa?dl=0

The strange this was, it was working fine yesterday. I was working on it next to my computer and I had it hooked into my monitor...but when I put it back into the loungeroom and connected it to the tv = won't connect anymore.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
/bump

I'm still experiencing problems. I've narrowed it down in that when the computer where the shares are located - when that goes off line for any reason, it can take upwards of ONE HOUR for the Apple TV to re-establish a connection.
I would really like this looked into please!
/BUMP!

This is a *MAJOR* issue and I would like it addressed! I really need help with this and to be blunt - it's really ticking me off that no one wants to assist.
Edit - if I need support, do I have to pay for it or something? Is that what the deal is here? /facepalm
Sounds like it might be an issue with your server. But, your best option for support is to put xbmc into debug, get a proper debug log (wiki) where you reproduce the issue you are experiencing (ie unable to connect to share), upload the log to either pastebin or xbmclogs (see Log_file/Easy (wiki) for an easy way to do this. Post the link to the log here.

Help yourself to get some help and do the above.

Oh, and lighten up, because if it turns out you need help from one of the dev's, complaining like that about software they write in their free time and charge nothing for, will not inspire them to help you.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-09-17, 15:07)eliminatrix Wrote: /BUMP!

This is a *MAJOR* issue and I would like it addressed! I really need help with this and to be blunt - it's really ticking me off that no one wants to assist.
Edit - if I need support, do I have to pay for it or something? Is that what the deal is here? /facepalm

I don't know what your problem is. Your link to screen shots and logs has been deleted. We've posted a big "read me first" post that explains that you need to provide information for anyone to even begin to understand what the issue might be. Even then, that doesn't mean we'll know what is going on, as some bugs and situations might be semi-unique to a specific setup. We're also volunteers who don't always have time to answer every question ever asked.

All you can do is post with more information, show what steps you've taken to try to figure it out, etc. What you shouldn't do is bitch about not getting help or PM'ing Team members that your "urgent" issue needs solving right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Could not connect to network server0