Issue with channels between XBMC and NextPVR
Hello,

So I've got NPVR working fine and connected to XBMC. I've scanned for QAM, and Analog channels. When I view the live channels in NextPVR everything is fine. But for some reason in XBMC I'm having this issue where one QAM channel (could be others but I've only noticed this one so far) is labeled as the right station, but when I try to view it shows a completely different station. It's nowhere to be found in my TV channels list within' XBMC. Has anyone experienced any similar issues with mapping of stations between NPVR and XBMC? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
I've never seen that before, but anytime I have odd issues with the channels I reset both the EPG database and the PVR database. This wipes all the information from the backend and loads it again.

Go to System -> Settings -> Live TV

The option to reset the PVR database is under GENERAL, and the option to reset the EPG database is under EPG.
Yep I have tried that numerous times - nothing ever really seems to change. Maybe I will try and reset NPVR too and remove all the channel info to see what XBMC does. It sucks for sure!
(2014-09-01, 15:34)jpcaudill Wrote: Hello,

So I've got NPVR working fine and connected to XBMC. I've scanned for QAM, and Analog channels. When I view the live channels in NextPVR everything is fine. But for some reason in XBMC I'm having this issue where one QAM channel (could be others but I've only noticed this one so far) is labeled as the right station, but when I try to view it shows a completely different station. It's nowhere to be found in my TV channels list within' XBMC. Has anyone experienced any similar issues with mapping of stations between NPVR and XBMC? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Check you don't have any analog and QAM channels with the same number. This is the only way I could see this happening. It is possible for them to have the same numbers, and in NextPVR itself all the channels will still work fine, but in XBMC it'd send the first one it finds with that channel number.

If that doesn't help, you'll need to reproduce the problem then post the xbmc.log (with debug logging enabled in XBMC), and the web.log/nrecord.log from c:\users\public\npvr\logs. Ideally restarting the NextPVR server before reproducing the problem, so that logs aren't filled with crap from your earlier attempts.
(2014-09-01, 20:29)sub3 Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 15:34)jpcaudill Wrote: Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Check you don't have any analog and QAM channels with the same number. This is the only way I could see this happening. It is possible for them to have the same numbers, and in NextPVR itself all the channels will still work fine, but in XBMC it'd send the first one it finds with that channel number.

If that doesn't help, you'll need to reproduce the problem then post the xbmc.log (with debug logging enabled in XBMC), and the web.log/nrecord.log from c:\users\public\npvr\logs. Ideally restarting the NextPVR server before reproducing the problem, so that logs aren't filled with crap from your earlier attempts.

Ahh that is what is happening! So the station that is getting mixed up, when I do QAM scan it's getting assigned to channel 3 and then the station that it is getting mixed up with is coming in on Analog channel 3. What's the best solution here?

How in the world do I get it to assign the correct channel numbers as per my provider!
(2014-09-01, 20:33)jpcaudill Wrote: Ahh that is what is happening! So the station that is getting mixed up, when I do QAM scan it's getting assigned to channel 3 and then the station that it is getting mixed up with is coming in on Analog channel 3. What's the best solution here?
You can just renumber them so they don't clash. On the Settings->Channels screen just double click a channel and it'll show the settings screen where you can edit the channel number.

Quote:How in the world do I get it to assign the correct channel numbers as per my provider!
Whether you end up with the correct channel numbers automatically depends on a few things. The real channel numbers aren't included in QAM broadcasts. You can sometimes get the real numbers from some EPG sources. Usually with a single source, like QAM or ATSC or Analog etc, you wouldn't typically end up with any clashes, but you've used two sources and unfortunately it's ended up with some clashes. You'll just have to renumber them so there is no clash.
What I did was labeled my QAM channels with the number the cable company assigned to it instead of the QAM channel. That way when combined with my analog channels, the lineup looks exactly like th cable lineup. And no chance of duplicate channels.
ok, great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with channels between XBMC and NextPVR0