A few features I would like to see
1)
I would like to see the watched tag stored to a file in the video's folder. This is so that I don't lose my watched tags from changing devices or installations. I have 3 devices in my house that run xbmc, and the don't sync up the watched tag.
2)
A bookshelf type view, with covers, for movies. I have young kids, and they recognize the movies mostly by the covers. This would also make browsing a little faster.
3)
I don't know if this one is possible or not, but would it be possible to have xbmc place it's current http address to google drive so I could remote access it anywhere. My home internet ip address is dynamic, so that trying to remote access in is difficult.
1) use mysql
@Mr.sparkle

could you elaborate?
1) all of this is possible. By using MySQL or UPnP you can already have all devices in your house with the same watched status. When exporting NFO files the watched status is exported as well, with an advancedsettings.xml flag you can import these as well.
2) this view exists in many skins, why don't you try some different views in the skins?
3) XBMC doesn't know the home external IP address as it usually is not assigned a direct address. Use a dyndns service if you are unable to get a static IP from your provider
What he said ^^ double duty! ++ its all on the wiki fairly well documented. except for 3) that's not a responsibility of any 3rd party program but the user and the OS (if the router cant handle it, most can) which is already possible and XBMC will follow suit IF router would already be configured, most routers have predefined services only you need to subscribe to and configure, some are free**

**free as in free beer but still subject to conditions like dyndns you need to sign in to the website every 30 days for dns service to remain active for e.g. unless you pay for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few features I would like to see0