Unable to register using Outlook/Hotmail
I realise multiple accounts is "not allowed" but since this was the only way for me to be able to access these forums and post here, I thought I would mention that it is not possible for me to register using my Hotmail address.

I added modforum@xbmc.org to my "safe senders" list before completing the registration process, but the e-mail never arrived. Even after I manually requested the e-mail to be sent, it still did not arrive. There is nothing in the spam/junk folder either, I checked just in case.

I re-registered using a Gmail address, and the e-mail was sent immediately!
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=187242
Normally adding "modforum@xbmc.org" should be all that is needed. I'm not even sure why it does this at all. I don't know if it would do anything, but I guess we could look into maybe contacting someone at MS and seeing if maybe we got placed on some kind of "blacklist". Our domain name will be changing soon for the XBMC -> Kodi name change, so maybe that will clear it up by itself.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime :\
(2014-08-28, 18:35)Sparetent Wrote: I realise multiple accounts is "not allowed" but since this was the only way for me to be able to access these forums and post here, I thought I would mention that it is not possible for me to register using my Hotmail address.

I added modforum@xbmc.org to my "safe senders" list before completing the registration process, but the e-mail never arrived. Even after I manually requested the e-mail to be sent, it still did not arrive. There is nothing in the spam/junk folder either, I checked just in case.

I re-registered using a Gmail address, and the e-mail was sent immediately!

Same for me. on the new site I first logged on normally UN/PW, no problem. I looked around somewhere else. When I came back to forums it was as guest so tried to logon again, then got message saying wrong UN/PW, tried several times to no avail. So decided to re register. That was when I found out that I could not use my hotmail/outlook account.
I think there are going to be a lot of confused folk out there for a while.

Must also say I think they have gone backward a few steps. I am new to this. Was struggling before, now even more so?
aquatec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to register using Outlook/Hotmail0