Channel logos
This has probably been asked many times before but I cannot find an answer - how and where does xmbc find/store channel logos?
I have the standard 35mm strip on view. I know you can put a path in TVheadend to a particular img file - but surely there is a better way than this. I have no logos for any live tv including those with populated EPGs.

13.2 raspberry pi frontends and TVHeadend 3.4
Welcome to forums.

Channel logos depend on specific skins that support such feature. XBMC/Kodi uses things like InfoLabels (wiki) e.g ListItem.Art(clearlogo) but like I said depends on the skins. Default skin doesnt support it. A list of skins features comparison exists at Comparison_of_skin_featuresComparison_of_skin_features (wiki) but if that is complete or not or even accurate and up=to-date I have no idea.

There are github reposiories with channel and studio logos like https://github.com/ccMatrix/StudioLogos which some skins use. And before you ask no, I dont use it so that what I know and its not a lot, but enough for you to go on, I think?
Imo putting the logos in the backend is the right thing to do. So each client will have them once connected. (i am using tvheadend and have them configured there - which is quiet nice when dealing with > 5 xbmc clients).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Either in the backend or in an addon
Thanks for the comments. Placing them in TVHeadend is hard coding the paths to logos that are obtained from Web Sat TV sites I guess?
Interesting though with Confluence the video scan for .Vob files loads up an image grabbed automatically from the .vob file. So the 35mm icon is replaced by the grabs. This does not happen with Live TV.
TVH by default filled in its own icons but the ones I had downloaded were better so I set up those paths in TVH. These propagate over all clients so it really is much easier to spend some time doing this rather than try to set them up in XBMC (which never worked for me anyway !!).
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I have updated channel name, number and icon ticked but no sign of any logos. What have I not done?
We have ten raspberry pis planned on our hotel network so configuring TVH will save a lot of time.
Another topic is recordings - we think recording to local file system on each pi (limiting the recording period to use a SD card only) is the best way rather than a NFS server; as guests, assuming they can figure out how to use the pvr, can view their own recordings only.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel logos0