Backup All Contents on XBMC
I have xbmc perfectly configured on my firetv. Is there a way, I can copy all files, plugins, settings everything on my xbmc and copy it to a new device? Its a pain to recreate with all skins when building a new system?
You can copy the entire userdata folder, but be aware that some settings might not be correct for your new device, especially if the hardware differs
Add-on:XBMC Backup (wiki)
I did the backup using adbfire. there was an option to backup xbmc and restore xbmc. hope that is the same as backing up userdata. I did see about 95 mb worth of data downloaded.
I have the same question as the previous poster.
On my firetv, I successfully pulled sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc to a folder on my mac. I am assuming I grabbed all the add-on files, config files, etc. It came out to a little over 100 mb.
I reinstalled gotham 13.2 on the same firetv. I then proceeded to try and push the files on my mac back to the firetv.
It gets hung up and outputs an error message saying can't copy some .png file.

I plan on adding 4 more fire tvs to my house and don't want to have to manually set up each one with a remote. What am I doing wrong? Are there any other ways of backing up all my add-on, config files, etc. so I can auto load each machine?
You guys got two replies and didn't follow either of them. Why would you ask again until you tried what was suggested?
(2014-08-29, 05:21)Avtr373 Wrote: I have the same question as the previous poster.
On my firetv, I successfully pulled sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc to a folder on my mac. I am assuming I grabbed all the add-on files, config files, etc. It came out to a little over 100 mb.
I reinstalled gotham 13.2 on the same firetv. I then proceeded to try and push the files on my mac back to the firetv.
It gets hung up and outputs an error message saying can't copy some .png file.

I plan on adding 4 more fire tvs to my house and don't want to have to manually set up each one with a remote. What am I doing wrong? Are there any other ways of backing up all my add-on, config files, etc. so I can auto load each machine?

Although xbmc backup would work, I've found this little tool that would do it as well. I've done a backup and will be needing to make another fire shortly.

http://jocala.com/adbfire.html
(2014-08-29, 07:01)Ned Scott Wrote: You guys got two replies and didn't follow either of them. Why would you ask again until you tried what was suggested?

Thanks Ned for your suggestion. I didn't reply because I don't have my new fire yet to test it out on. Once I get it, I'll test out adbfire and also the dropbox.
No worries, my comment was directed at Avtr373.
(2014-08-28, 23:41)Ned Scott Wrote: Add-on:XBMC Backup (wiki)

I used this backup addon on my mx2, with openelec, and xbmc, works well Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup All Contents on XBMC0