cmyth plugin suggestions/questions
Couple things I've ran across since using this plugin (for over a year now since switching from myth frontend). Overall it works great but I find these somewhat annoying. These are things I miss from the myth frontend (first two should be easy asks, last is bigger):
1. Recording info. Currently I can only see title and description. Original air date and episode/season info would be really helpful even if just pre-pended to the description.
2. Auto stop feature. My wife always hits the power off button after watching live tv without hitting stop. This sometimes causes the plugin to continue playing for a long time (2 days...). It eventually crashes/hangs xbmc completely forcing me to reboot. I'm guessing it's some sort of memory leak or etc. Regardless, myth frontend had a timeout, meaning, after x amount of minutes it would stop playback automatically. This was very helpful.
3. Recording/timers - this whole feature needs re-work. I still can't figure out how to use the UI to schedule recordings. I currently use MythWeb to do all my scheduling. Myth frontend did a much much better job at this.

Regardless of these I love the plugin and will continue using it. I looked through some of the plugin code but couldn't figure out where exactly to make changes to at least solve #1 above Smile Didn't spend enough time I suppose.

Luke
you should also try the new pvr.mythtv addon, it abandons the cmyth library in favour of using the mythtv api (which is certainly more correct than cmyth as a way of doing things). See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198833

However on cmyth if you press the context menu button on an item in the epg you can choose "client options" (I think that is what the menu item says, I am not in front of it now) and it gives more recording options than just adding a timer via the usual XBMC PVR interface.

I agree that XBMC PVR is not up to mythfrontend in some regards, and I still largely use mythweb or mythfrontend for scheduling.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yea I read about the epg in context menu scheduling. I'll give that a try later tonight along with pvr.mythtv. Would be nice if it added the additional info about a recording. I find that sometimes it's hard to tell what shows come after which since they might be recorded in incorrect order (seeing episode/season number along with original air day was how I knew in myth frontend).
(2014-08-28, 23:45)zeroip Wrote: 2. Auto stop feature. My wife always hits the power off button after watching live tv without hitting stop. This sometimes causes the plugin to continue playing for a long time (2 days...). It eventually crashes/hangs xbmc completely forcing me to reboot. I'm guessing it's some sort of memory leak or etc. Regardless, myth frontend had a timeout, meaning, after x amount of minutes it would stop playback automatically. This was very helpful.
This would be a very valuable feature, but I wonder whether this is something that is required more generally across all functions — it is equally, if not more, important when you are watching a video from your file collection or streaming video. In all cases, the average TV watcher is just going to turn the TV off, leaving XBMC working, using your bandwidth, etc.
I actually handle that case with my remote. The "off" sequence includes STOP / EXIT / EXIT in order to stop playback, and return to the home screen.

I definitely do NOT think this should be handled independently by the PVR addon. If done at all, should be higher up - and certainly a configurable option that is off by default.
I think the problem is with people turning the TV off without touching XBMC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-21, 22:08)nickr Wrote: I think the problem is with people turning the TV off without touching XBMC.
That's what you can expect people to do. You can't bend end users to your will and say that they are using it wrong, when their behaviour is consistent with decades of typical use.
(2014-09-21, 22:08)nickr Wrote: I think the problem is with people turning the TV off without touching XBMC.

If you use a remote on your XBMC, Maybe you can get your IR receiver on your PC to also recognise the PowerOff ir code for the TV and execute stop in xbmc as well.

No idea if its even possible, but would be interesting to investigate it.

This guy uses a standard TV remote to do additional things on his rPi. I would think it would be possible to apply the same principle to map the Power Off button on the TV to the STOP function on XBMC.

http://blog.riyas.org/2013/12/using-any-...ntrol.html

Might even have a play with that myself when I have a chance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cmyth plugin suggestions/questions0