Is there ANY way to schedule a recording on a daily or weekly basis?
(2014-09-10, 15:03)ankn Wrote: The latest got version of tvheadend support what you request.

+1. The functionality you need is in Build: 3.9.1429~gea60d88~trusty

Note, this is from the unstable repo Smile

@nickr, irrespective of whether the OP's tuner(s) work in mythtv or not, the thread is actually about tvheadend.

So to re-iterate, the answer to the OP's original question appears to be - Not in the stable build, but the possibility has been added in later builds to add a recording how you need to.

Below is a screenshot of me creating a recording for a channel called Estuary, for which I get no XMLTV info at all.

HTH
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-09-16, 03:28)nickr Wrote: Do you have a reference for the broken satellite support? I haven't used satellite for a while, but it worked then over several versions of mythtv.

I don't spend as much time on the mythtv-users mailing list as I used to, but I am sure I would have noticed the postings if satellite stopped working! Can you point to somewhere in the list archives? I expect you are a member there if you are making the above statement.

No I am not a member of that mailing list. I don't have the time or inclination to read mailing lists that are of no interest to me. And I much prefer forums such as this one to mailing lists, because mailing lists are not searchable (usually) and forums don't clutter up my inbox with topics I couldn't care less about.

When I was trying to make MythTV work and having no luck, a search brought me to this message on Rick's satellite forum:

http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/pos...stcount=54

That guy ("Pendragon") is a very experienced user that is very familiar with Linux, and is a long-time participant on several of the satellite forums. As best I can understand from skimming that thread, he was responding to a relatively inexperienced user who was having no success at all in getting MythTV to tune in satellite signals, and he was determined to put the matter to rest once and for all by setting up a Linux box and putting MythTV on it, and proving that it could indeed tune satellite signals. My sense is that he was highly motivated to prove that guy wrong.

Except that he couldn't get it to work, and that message explains what he did. So if someone with his level of expertise and experience cannot get it to work, I don't think there is much hope for anyone else. But feel free to try to duplicate his experiment, and if you can get it to work, please explain how you did it!

And if you want to hear about issues with MythTV and satellite support, they are probably more likely to appear in a satellite forum than on a mailing list.

(2014-09-16, 09:18)black_eagle Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 15:03)ankn Wrote: The latest got version of tvheadend support what you request.

+1. The functionality you need is in Build: 3.9.1429~gea60d88~trusty

Note, this is from the unstable repo Smile

@nickr, irrespective of whether the OP's tuner(s) work in mythtv or not, the thread is actually about tvheadend.

So to re-iterate, the answer to the OP's original question appears to be - Not in the stable build, but the possibility has been added in later builds to add a recording how you need to.

Below is a screenshot of me creating a recording for a channel called Estuary, for which I get no XMLTV info at all.

HTH

Glad to hear they added that, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there ANY way to schedule a recording on a daily or weekly basis?0