Ban/Remove certain Fanart backgrounds?
Hi there,
Not sure if this is a skin question or XBMC in general but would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm using XBMC 13.2 with the Aeon Nox 5 skin. I've got the background for Movies and TV Shows set up to rotate Fanart. However, there's a couple of images I'd like to remove or ban since my kids are using the box too and those images seem a bit borderline, like the images for the show "The Strain" (Link) for example. Though there are a couple of less "gory" ones but again I don't know how to choose which ones actually get displayed.

Any ideas or hints?

Thanks a lot!
tbh what I did was just create a folder on my hard drive with the backgrounds I wanted and pointed the movie section to display that. I also did it again for the submenu kids movies - so just had another folder with non adult backgrounds.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
If you're using Artwork Downloader, you can set a limit for how many fanarts it downloads (for example 4). And then manually populate the local fanart folder with 4 of your choice. This should keep AD from downloading more (I think).

I've seen several requests for the ability to exclude selected file paths from auto downloads with AD but that option hasn't been added yet AFAIK. Would be very useful though for this type of thing.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks for the replies so far...

(2014-08-29, 16:21)wgstarks Wrote: If you're using Artwork Downloader, you can set a limit for how many fanarts it downloads (for example 4). And then manually populate the local fanart folder with 4 of your choice. This should keep AD from downloading more (I think).

I've changed the Artwork Downloader settings now as you suggested and also set a rating limit of 8. Then I removed all the "extrafanart" folders from the TV Shows and got it to re-download. Luckily the images I didn't want didn't get downloaded so thanks for that suggestion!

However, for the "Random TV Show Fanart" background on the main screen it seems to take the images from somewhere else since the ones I don't want still show up as well as the new ones. Is this cached somewhere and will work itself out or do I need to force refresh something somewhere?

Thanks again!
<wildguess>You might be able to solve it by selecting a different background, run it for a few minutes and then switch back to random. Just guessing it'll rewrite whatever cache it uses.</wildguess>Smile

Edit: Or perhaps just Quit and Re-launch Kodi.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Looks like your wild guess was correct Smile

Thanks a lot!
Just out of curiosity, did you try the restart?
No, I changed background to single image for a couple of minutes and then back to the Random Fanart. That did it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ban/Remove certain Fanart backgrounds?0