Req Select which part to play in mkv disc sets
This feature has been implemented for a long time for isos but sadly doesn't work for mkvs (unless I'm missing something). I'd like to see kodi ask me which part of a multi disk mkv movie it should play. Even with iso, this feature is not exactly easy to reach, since you have to change xbmc's default select action from "play" to "show more info" and then select the disk you want to watch, click on "more info" on the pop up menu in order to get to the desired disk.

Ideally, kodi should detect multi disk isos and mkvs and upon hitting the default select action "play", it should bring a single popup menu merging the current "resume" or "start from the beginning" options, with two more options of asking which disk it should play ("disk 1" or "disk 2").
Just select "Play part..." from the context menu
Sadly, this doesn't work for mkv.
it works for everything that is stacked.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am not interested in queuing the multi disk files. I know this works; as soon as disk one ends, xbmc moves on to the next file.

What I'm looking for is a way when I hit the play button to be presented with a menu in order to select which disk will play. This works with iso (even if you have to change xbmc's default select action from "play" to "show more info" and then select the disk you want to watch), but it doesn't work with mkv since "play part..." is not available in the context menu.

An example of my folder structure is presented below:
12 Years a Slave (2013) <---folder
12 Years a Slave (2013) [Disk 1].mkv
12 Years a Slave (2013) [Disk 2].mkv
(2014-08-29, 15:10)cutter Wrote: Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am not interested in queuing the multi disk files. I know this works; as soon as disk one ends, xbmc moves on to the next file.

What I'm looking for is a way when I hit the play button to be presented with a menu in order to select which disk will play. This works with iso (even if you have to change xbmc's default select action from "play" to "show more info" and then select the disk you want to watch), but it doesn't work with mkv since "play part..." is not available in the context menu.

An example of my folder structure is presented below:
12 Years a Slave (2013) <---folder
12 Years a Slave (2013) [Disk 1].mkv
12 Years a Slave (2013) [Disk 2].mkv
I guess I'm not understanding why you would have it split like that anyway.
I'm missing your point, what do you mean? Single folder, containing the main movie in disk 1 and the extras in disk 2. Does't get simpler than that, does it?
yes, sure. but you cannot use this functionality if you do it that way. there's a established way, namely stacking. use it or you don't get this. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Stacking all it takes is either a regexp or a slight change to your file names and off you go.
Don't I feel like a jack#ss!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Stacking
"No spaces between the "part" and number."

Thanks ironic_monkey, it works fine now...
Why split your files to begin with? Simply madness and unnecessary.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-31, 00:47)nickr Wrote: Why split your files to begin with? Simply madness and unnecessary.

Because in many movies, the contents are spread over two disks to begin with. Disk one contains the main movie, disk two contains the extras.
Rip the extras as separate titles and use the video extras addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you nickr, I wasn't aware of the video extras add on. Looking into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Select which part to play in mkv disc sets2