Bug XBMC 13.2 Gotham crashing - NFS Share
Hi all,

I've just installed the last version of XBMC on the last version of Ubuntu 14.04. I've also a Synology NAS where I've activated the NFS share.

Xbmc run on an HTPC AMD Athlon II X2 235e with AMD RS880 video on board.

Xbmc read the film via NFS on the Synology in a video folder.

It happens when I watch a film that film stop to working and xbmc show me the list of NFS sharing. But if I try to access to the video folder I can't. I've also 3 other folders with NFS like music and photo(always on Synology). If I try to access to these folders I've not problem, but to the video folder after the stop I can't.

I've tried also to close xbmc and re-open it, but when I try Ubuntu told me that was an error and I need to reboot the computer to solve the problem.

can anyone help me ?
No Debug Log - nothing ...

upgrade to 13.2 and report back with proper logfiles.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, I've activated the log and I've replicated the problem.

The log is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=280986

I played the film: The German Doctor and after that I can see these errors:
Code:
10:22:57 T:140484529039296   ERROR: Failed to open(//Da Vedere/) nfs_service failed
10:22:57 T:140484529039296   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.0.50/volume1/video/Da Vedere/
10:22:57 T:140484529039296   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(nfs://192.168.0.50/volume1/video/Da Vedere/) failed

Now ?
Segfault in libnfs.

It looks like your server is going down while you are watching.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
what means "Segfault in libnfs."?

Quote:It looks like your server is going down while you are watching.

This has no sense because I've access to other folder like music or photo in the same server at the same time the video folder (with "Da Vedere") is not accessible.

any ideas ?
Most likely not via libnfs, but via some system mount from somewhere else. Does mounting from the system and adding those system mounts to xbmc make it work?
Ok I tried with system mount and it works, I played The German Doctor without interruption. So it means that is a bug inside gotham.
It's a bug inside libnfs, especially the one that your distribution is shipping.

@wsnipex: Any idea?
which libnfs version do you have?
apt-cache policy libnfs1

and are there symlinks or bind mounts on the server side?
For the first question:

Code:
libnfs1:
  Installed: 1.6.0-0~ppa1~trusty
  Candidate:  1.6.0-0~ppa1~trusty
  Table version:
*** 1.6.0-0~ppa1~trusty 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.3.0-2ubuntu1 0
        500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages

For the second question I'm not sure to understand the question. I'm not so expert in the Linux O.S. I've created the NFS share with the Synology's Wizard.
The Synology has the terminal too, so if you have a comand line that I can type on the NAS I can write here the answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.2 Gotham crashing - NFS Share0