I do not see settings and image brightness
Hi, I just came to this wonderful forum.

I have a QNAP TS-451 NAS with Aeon MQ skin.

I have agreed to the picture settings but do not appear to me the brightness and contrast.

Can you tell me how I can access them?

Thanks
Try playing a movie and bring up the OSD. In this you can set some video settings including brightness and contrast. If you want to set those for all movies, there is an option in the videos settings, too. Just look at the bottom of the video settings menu.

Greetings
Thanks, but as I said, these options do not appear in the picture settings menu my QNAP
Those settings are not available when using VAAPI because VAAPI does not support it.
I must be completely wrong but...I use Intel hardware and I am able to adjust brightness and contrast via the movie OSD menu with VAAPI enabled.

Maybe that differs to the QNAP installation, what could be possible because I don´t know anything special about those installations, but on my normal H87 Board with Intel CPU I can set those settings.

I will check again and post screenshots and a Debug Log to confirm.
(2014-08-30, 20:34)David1977 Wrote: I must be completely wrong but...I use Intel hardware and I am able to adjust brightness and contrast via the movie OSD menu with VAAPI enabled.

Maybe that differs to the QNAP installation, what could be possible because I don´t know anything special about those installations, but on my normal H87 Board with Intel CPU I can set those settings.

I will check again and post screenshots and a Debug Log to confirm.

Then you either have not enabled vaapi for the type of codec you play or you use one of my modified vaapi version that allow bypassing vaapi render method.
The latter is the case for him. Advanced next gen tester :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes fritsch, Which version wont be running on some QNAP.

I suggest the user, since XBMC does not provide any builds for QNAP, how about the user try bothering the world class, 1st rate support that QNAP support provide? After all they the ones providing these XBMC builds they are responsible for supporting it! No?
Quote:Then you either have not enabled vaapi for the type of codec you play or you use one of my modified vaapi version that allow bypassing vaapi render method.

Quote:The latter is the case for him. Advanced next gen tester :-)

Didn't knew, that this isn't possible with the "normal" VAAPI version. Don't remember anymore if this was possible on OE, too. But, I won't contradict to you Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I do not see settings and image brightness0