Win Odd home screen issue, strobe like random flicker
Hi all,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while as a guest, finally signed up.

I have read a lot of threads recently about various related topics to the issue i'm seeing.

My build is a fairly low spec touchscreen PC. I already had it so was hoping to use it as a music centre in the kitchen/diner, with further builds in other rooms on different PCs, but that's not important right now.

The troubled machine is a Shuttle X50V3, (Win7 32 bit) it does have the lamented GMA3650 GPU chipset in it, which I hope isn't the cause of my woes. (as i'm not interested in playing video content on this machine)

Installed Gotham last night, boots into XBMC fine, but the screen jitters and flashes to black randomly, really does not want to play ball.

Tried the true/windowed fullscreen trick, same thing happens.

Enabled debugging;

http://pastebin.com/RvxwXDZk

I have searched for days on the forum for related threads, other than frame jitter and a few on the GPU chipset i'm not too sure what the issue is.

I'm going to try disabling HW acceleration tonight to see if that fixes it, but if anyone has any insight in the meantime i'd greatly appreciate it.
Quote:it does have the lamented GMA3650 GPU chipset in it, which I hope isn't the cause of my woes.

Suspect: let us know how disabling hardware acceleration works for you.
I tried to disable HW accel. But it seems it is either already not enabled, or the Intel driver (additional tab on advanced properties) is a non switch-off able accelerator.

Have tried various settings in xbmc, and in the display controls. Different skins etc.

I did notice that when the pc is "busy" the flicker is far worse.
I really hope there is a work around as I really want to use this screen.
Just sitting on Kod-ixbmc home page in windowed mode... you still get flickering? What about just windows desktop sitting on the target display... flickering ? If the answer is yet, then driver's are suspect; if it's only in Kodi-xbmc try one of the nighties... . it has a re-worked video engine.
The windowed display in kodi-xbmc still flickers "in-window"
The windows 7 desktop is solid, no flicker at all.

I plan to have a play with alternative drivers this week, and try a semi stable nightly if i get the chance.
Nailed the issue. Installing the latest drivers downloaded from Intel seemed to have fixed this problem, now I have my touchscreen in the kitchen working flawlessly and a remote setup to work with it.
Thanks for the help so far.
And thank-you for getting back to us on that resolve.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd home screen issue, strobe like random flicker0