XBMC installation replica including addons installtion accross different devices
Hi, i am having a small problem with every upgrade. i have like 5 instances of XBMC around the house, Windows Intel Desktop. Windows AMD HTPC (Zotac ZBox), 2 Raspberry Pis and 1 older generation oif AppleTV,
I run a centralized Synology NAS with MySQL DB for libary management. I spend a lot of time customizing the new skin like Aeon Nox to look and operate the way i like it, it is exretemly painful to do the same on every single device.
is there any way either to centralize the settings of XBMC as well as skin..etc and if not is there anyway to replicate it on the other devices instead of manually doing it.
thye only thing i figures out is to copy the advancedseetings and sources,

Thanks
Dunno if it is possible with Nox, but with Aeon MQ5 there is an option to back up the skin settings. Then its just a case of installing the skin to another instance, copying across that backup and then importing the settings.

You could likely do it by copying the skin directory from inside addons and your guisettings.xml. Copying the latter though will duplicate every setting you have made, which may not be desirable.

Lastly, you might struggle to run Nox on a Pi - Ace is about as heavy on my Pi as I like to get!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks black_eagle. agree on Nox on PI. lets forgets the PIs i can run them even on Confluence as they are not main machines, main issue is between the 3 stations. Windows Intel/Windows AMD and Apple TV,
the settings copy may work for some basics but it wont reinstall all he addons i believe. those have to be downloaded manually on each device. or?
in other words what i really like to do is to install a clean version on 1 PC, spend the time to tweak it and install all add ons configure them,..et and finally have the same on all 3 Smile.
i may be asking too much but its quite painful to do it on each and also to do the same everytime XBMC has a major update

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC installation replica including addons installtion accross different devices0