Wrong cover, titles & movie info + Customizing genres
Just began using XBMC & chose MQ5...I notice a few movies come up with the wrong poster, title & info...Seems to happen with remakes, if it's the original it just assumes it's the newest version..How can I manually fix those, choose the poster/cover I want..and rename titles? (Sometimes it gets those a little wrong too with punctuation, etc)...I don't have a seperate folder per movie, nor do I want to set them up that way if I don't have to

Also, how can I edit the genres that come up...I like the way some are, but would rather choose to label them myself & add my own genres

Thanks in advance for all responses
Firstly, although it can be a pain when you first start using Kodi, I would recommend using folders for each movie as it will make life 1000 times easier when you come to use some of the more advanced features.

If the scrapper miss assigns one of your movies, go to that movie in the library, press 'I' to bring up the video info screen, and then select 'Reload'.

As for genres, the only way your really going to be able to determine which genres are allocated is with NFO files.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thank you...the reload option fixed the majority of the problems...There's still a couple very old (like 1900s & 1940's) movies that the scraper won't even recognize, it wont show up on the list to choose from (even though they do have IMDB entries)..and a couple that refuse to show their title in English, even tho I see it listed as a choice from the reload menu..Don't see any settings to make all titles a single language either...Also another movie insists on listing itself as it's original working title & not the regular one...

Couple questions I have relating to this & a few other things that I would greatly appreciate info on. Let's say I didnt want to do custom genres yet...If there's no other way to name those remaining movies right aside from making folders for them & editing NFO files, could I just create folders for those alone or would I have to have em for my entire library? If thats the case, and/or I also wind up wanting to list my own genres, is there a easy program out there or even addon you can recommend to automatically create folders for all videos in my movie folder with the same name & insert them in it?? Like Media Monkey does for music with the auto organize functions?

Also, if I wanted to change a couple of the posters for my movie library, can I use any image I want? How would I go about doing that? All I think I got to work before I called it quits for the day was adding custom backdrop images....

&finally just a couple more things...

Can you:
-Change the speed of the plot autoscroll?
-Make the IMDB ratings & cast info come up instantly when hovering over a title in the info section? (I'm using the right list view I believe it was called..I prefer that view & it would be cool if I can get it to show that... Can't remember if that stuff was shown in the other views maybe??
-Use a keyboard shortcut to jump to corresponding letter in movie list or is it scroll only?
-Choose custom mp3/WAV to play in background of XBMC's menu?? Might be crazy, but I think I saw that mentioned somewhere? lol

Again, many thanks to any reponses
Lots of questions Smile

(2014-08-30, 06:39)stevaside Wrote: Thank you...the reload option fixed the majority of the problems...There's still a couple very old (like 1900s & 1940's) movies that the scraper won't even recognize, it wont show up on the list to choose from (even though they do have IMDB entries)..and a couple that refuse to show their title in English, even tho I see it listed as a choice from the reload menu..Don't see any settings to make all titles a single language either...Also another movie insists on listing itself as it's original working title & not the regular one...

Which scraper are you using? I assume themovidedb? Try switching to the universal movie scraper. With that you can pull much of the info directly from IMDB.

(2014-08-30, 06:39)stevaside Wrote: Let's say I didnt want to do custom genres yet...If there's no other way to name those remaining movies right aside from making folders for them & editing NFO files, could I just create folders for those alone or would I have to have em for my entire library?

You don't need to put the files in folders to use nfo's. Just name the nfo exactly the same as the file it relates to.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO...mmended.29

(2014-08-30, 06:39)stevaside Wrote: If thats the case, and/or I also wind up wanting to list my own genres, is there a easy program out there or even addon you can recommend to automatically create folders for all videos in my movie folder with the same name & insert them in it?? Like Media Monkey does for music with the auto organize functions?

The link below is to a batch file which will put all of your movies into folders of the same name (assuming you're using windows).

http://www.thehtpc.net/htpc/file-to-folder-script/

As for programs for creating NFO's etc, check out Ember Media Manager.

(2014-08-30, 06:39)stevaside Wrote: Also, if I wanted to change a couple of the posters for my movie library, can I use any image I want? How would I go about doing that? All I think I got to work before I called it quits for the day was adding custom backdrop images....

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Thumbnails#Video_Thumbnails

(2014-08-30, 06:39)stevaside Wrote: Can you:
-Change the speed of the plot autoscroll? - Not without editing code.
-Make the IMDB ratings & cast info come up instantly when hovering over a title in the info section? (I'm using the right list view I believe it was called..I prefer that view & it would be cool if I can get it to show that... Can't remember if that stuff was shown in the other views maybe?? - Not entirely sure what you mean, but, again, not without editing code.
-Use a keyboard shortcut to jump to corresponding letter in movie list or is it scroll only? - SHIFT + LETTER
-Choose custom mp3/WAV to play in background of XBMC's menu?? Might be crazy, but I think I saw that mentioned somewhere? lol - You can have a playlist play on start up, and there are other hacks to do similar things if you search the forum.

You can find most of the info you will ever need on the wiki, forum or by using Google Smile
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thanks a lot for the help!....I wil try working with the NFOs & artwork later on....&yea I am using the Universal Movie Scraper too set to IMDB, that's why I can understand why a couple of em aren't showing up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong cover, titles & movie info + Customizing genres0