Synology DSM 5.0-4493 update 4 causing NFS issues
Hi all,

I have just upgraded my Synology NAS to their latest Version: 5.0-4493 Update 4 today and can no longer access folders on my NAS over NFS

According to the release notes of the update, it mentions:

'Fixed an issue where files with ACL attributes could become inaccessible after being loaded in large batches when DiskStation acts as an NFS server'

Is anyone experiencing the same issues and if so, does anyone know a fix?

Thanks,

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Hi litfoo,

I've a problem that is similar, I've thinked was a XBMC's problem so we're talking about it here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203219

but probably is a Synology problem.

I've Ubuntu 14.04 and I've solved with a NFS system mount.
Also, I've the same DSM version.
I have same. Actually I cannot connect anything from XBMC on my mac to the synology nas :-(

Anyone found a solution?
No problems here with dsm 5.x update 4 and 5 with openelec and android. If your still having problems can you post a log file?
This shotgun blast fix sorted it for me..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201201&page=2
I found a another way to fix permissions with android which is more secure, but requires a static ip to be set on the android device. I didn't like creating the everyone account and granting full permissions, it just doesn't seem right. If anyone wants to try it, the steps are below:

1. Give the android device a static ip address.

2. Give the built in admin account permissions to the shared folder in dsm (Permissions tab on shared folder).

3. Grant nfs permission per the wiki by ip address (set in step 1), except select map to admin.

This gives only the device you setup permission and seems a bit cleaner. Worked like a champ on the adt-1 developer preview box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synology DSM 5.0-4493 update 4 causing NFS issues0