"Missing" recordings in the recording tab.
So these last days I've mounted my nas recordings folder to my OpenELEC system, but now I get a "problem" with that the recordings go missing from the recordings tab.

The recordings are there when htpc is recording, but after the htpc is rebooted the recordings are no longer shown in the kodi/xbmc recordings tab (the files are still on the nas).
Got a feeling that other ppl might have seen this before ... anybody able to tell me how I can get all the recordings showing in the recording tab?

All the recordings are still shown in the tvheadend webgui.
I came across this problem today. Kodi log contained entry "ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: CHTSPData:TonguearseDVREntryUpdate - malformed message received"

In my situation I had installed kodibuntu and tvheadend from scratch and restored my dvr log. All recordings were visible in the tvheadend webclient but only some recordings where showing up in kodi.

It turns out the channel name as mentioned in the individual dvr logs has to also exist in tvheadend list of channels for it to show up in the kodi recordings.

To fix this, I just added a back the 'missing' (renamed) channels and rebooted.
What version of tvheadend are you guys using?
Can you post the full log somewhere?
here you go

http://pastebin.com/mPQ5GFkW

This is a log from kodi running on a separate PC to the tvheadend server.

in this log you will see one instance of the line "ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: CHTSPData:TonguearseDVREntryUpdate - malformed message received"

when I fixed the last remaining channel in the tvheadend server I restarted the server pc. hence you will see it lose then regain connection to tvheadend
So you're saying that adding the channel in tvheadend made the recordings appear again?
yep that's right

for example, the missing recordings had the channel name "ABC1", when I reinstalled tvheadend and mapped all the channels this channel was named "ABC". I do not know why they were different.

So in the channel menu I manually added in "ABC1" with the same details and "ABC", restarted the server and then they appeared in kodi.

I searched the code to find out how the error was being generated and noticed the following

the different channel names was then the obvious suspect.

Code:
void CHTSPData::ParseDVREntryUpdate(htsmsg_t* msg)
{
  SRecording recording;
  const char *state;
  int64_t    startExtra, stopExtra;
  uint32_t   retention, priority;

/* Required fields */
  if(htsmsg_get_u32(msg, "id",      &recording.id)
  || htsmsg_get_u32(msg, "channel", &recording.channel)
  || htsmsg_get_u32(msg, "start",   &recording.start)
  || htsmsg_get_u32(msg, "stop",    &recording.stop)
  || (state = htsmsg_get_str(msg, "state")) == NULL)
  {
    XBMC->Log(LOG_ERROR, "%s - malformed message received", __FUNCTION__);
    htsmsg_print(msg);
    return;
  }
I came across the same issue. I imported hundreds of recordings from VDR to Tvheadend (I basically recreated log files in dvr/log). The Tvheadend web interface shows all recordings and allows to play them fine, but Kodi shows only about 1/3 of them. Which recordings are shown depends on existence of the channel in Kodi.

The channel names have changed several times over the many past years. For example there are recordings of the channel "CT 1" which later became "CT HD" and now is called "CT 1 HD". There are recordings of channels which do not exist any more. Even though I could change logs of most of the recordings now, it would still require to keep changing past recordings whenever channel name changes in the future.

Kodi and Tvheadend addon (I don't know who is responsible) must be able to show and play recordings which are associated with channels that do not exist.
(2017-03-19, 17:27)juriad Wrote: I came across the same issue. I imported hundreds of recordings from VDR to Tvheadend (I basically recreated log files in dvr/log). The Tvheadend web interface shows all recordings and allows to play them fine, but Kodi shows only about 1/3 of them. Which recordings are shown depends on existence of the channel in Kodi.

The channel names have changed several times over the many past years. For example there are recordings of the channel "CT 1" which later became "CT HD" and now is called "CT 1 HD". There are recordings of channels which do not exist any more. Even though I could change logs of most of the recordings now, it would still require to keep changing past recordings whenever channel name changes in the future.

Kodi and Tvheadend addon (I don't know who is responsible) must be able to show and play recordings which are associated with channels that do not exist.
Tvheadend keeps track of channel renames by using UUIDs internally to match up channels.

Since all of your DVR log files were created outside of Tvheadend, it sounds as if the problem is that you didn't normalize your channel names. Fix the channel names in your generated log files and this should fix the problem.

Technically, Tvheadend does not really support importing recordings, so this type of behavior can't really be supported. Also, the web interface doesn't necessarily use the HTSP protocol. Therefore features that are available via the web interface may not be exposed to Kodi, because Kodi only uses the HTSP interface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Missing" recordings in the recording tab.0