[SOLVED] Default save path for .strm files? (Yify Addon in Gotham 13.2)
Smile 
Hi All

Was wondering if someone may please be able to tell me the DEFAULT save path for the Yify Addon for.strm files.

I changed the path to save to my external hard drive and have decided that I'm really not interested in keeping them stored there and would like to set the path back to whatever it was originally after having installed fresh 13.2 Gotham with Media Hub.

I should have saved a note of the default path before making changes but I'm a boofhead and didn't - can someone assist?

Thanks Smile
You should be able to find the defaults under addons in your xbmc data.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Are you taking about here:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.yifymovies.hd

If so - what file and where should I be looking at?
Should be a default settings.xml under resources.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes - have that file open in Notepad++

Is this the path I am looking for?
<setting id="movie_library" type="folder" label="30042" default="special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.yifymovies.hd/Movies"/>

If not can you tell me what I should search please?
Looks like it to me.
OK - so next question:

Do I do it via:

Home folder\userdata\addon_data

so that the path is:

C:\Users\username\...\...\...\...\...\plugin.video.yifymovies.hd
Why can't you copy and paste the default?
Sorry - I don't understand.

I'm simply trying to reset the default path where any .strm files save to before I changed the location in XBMC -> Yify -> .Settings -> General (Downloads) and Library (Movies Folder)

IE: I changed that path to a Movies folder on my hard drive now I want to set that path back to the default (whatever that may have been).

This path:

<setting id="movie_library" type="folder" label="30042" default="special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.yifymovies.hd/Movies"/>

is still in the settings.xml file which resides at

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.yifymovies.hd

I just want to change it back to how it was on initial setup.

I have now set it through XBMC to:

C:\Users\username\...\...\...\...\...\plugin.video.yifymovies.hd

After testing (ie: opening a stream via Yify) I do not see a .strm file appear in that directory (as was the case when I set the path to the external drive a folder was created with a .strm file inside)?

Is C:\Users\username\...\...\...\...\...\plugin.video.yifymovies.hd the original path where these files would normally be saved (have I set the right default path??) That's all I really need to know or are the files maybe stored in a Temp folder on the C:\ drive?
You told us a few posts that the default path is special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.yifymovies.hd/Movies - so use that.
Can't you just hit the button marked Defaults?
I said that is the path that is currently in the setting.xml file yes.

I can only get as far as right clicking the Yify addon and clicking the Yify addon settings and then navigating to either (under both the General and Library settings):

C:\Users\username\ and then the appdata folder doesn't appear

or:

Home folder - > userdata -> addon_data -> plugin.video.yifymovies.hd

I believe I may have a typo for the path in my previous post.

So I currently have the paths set to:

Home folder\userdata\addon_data\...\...\...\...\...\plugin.video.yifymovies.hd My apologies - but is this right!!!

(Pulling hair out and just about over it and ready to leave it as is - whatever)
Sorry for double posting

@spoyser - thankyou very much - I believe I am an idiot and have overlooked that option the whole time.

I appreciate your help.

@nickr - I'm really sorry for wasting your time (mainly due to my typo I would suggest) and appreciate all your help with this.

Once again guys - thankyou (complete XBMC noob here)
No problem, you learned something - where various things are on your filesystem, and where to find defaults. Hell I learned that this addon has a "defaults" button.

In fact I learned that this addon even exists!

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Default save path for .strm files? (Yify Addon in Gotham 13.2)0