Chromebox Boot Menu
Ok guys i took the plunge and bought one of these; followed the instructions on the wiki to allow for a standalone boot. This was extracted onto a usb stick but when the system reboots I cannot access the boot menu to allow for install from the usb.

The system reboots, i press esc but it keeps going to the 'OS verfication' Screen. Any ideas why I cannot get to the boot menu?
(2014-08-30, 15:57)virtus Wrote: Ok guys i took the plunge and bought one of these; followed the instructions on the wiki to allow for a standalone boot. This was extracted onto a usb stick but when the system reboots I cannot access the boot menu to allow for install from the usb.

The system reboots, i press esc but it keeps going to the 'OS verfication' Screen. Any ideas why I cannot get to the boot menu?

if you're seeing the ChromeOS developer mode boot screen (OS verification screen) then you did not successfully flash the coreboot firmware for a standalone setup.

Boot to ChromeOS ( [CTRL-D] ), then re-run the script, selecting option 5 (Standalone setup / coreboot firmware install/upgrade). After that, you will be able to boot and install your OS of choice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox Boot Menu0