Safe Mode
it would be nice if i could hold down some specified buttons on the controller on boot and have xbmc ignore the config xml file and just boot a default set of settings that are known to work in most cases. i think i messed up my config and i have xbmc set as the dash. i can't seem to do anything.
i just keep my evox bootdisk handy if that ever happens. anyway you should at least be able to ftp even if you really messed up the config file?

try make an evox bootdisk (not sure where the tutorial is) and then just pop it in your drive when you hit a snag! then you can ftp a saved copy of a working config.xml to your box.

cheers
i do have an evox boot disk, but the xbox does not seem to try to boot off it before it goes to the hard drive. as for ftping, the config file is messed up, more specificially the network settings, so ftping in is not an option either.
do games autoboot for you, or does your xbox always go to the dash regardless?  

typically d:/default.xbe is first in the boot list.  if games dont autoboot for you, then its because probably running a bios with a modified boot list.

(oh yeah, that reminds me, make sure ur evox boot disk has default.xbe not evoxdash.xbe.)

edit... there is a "safe mode" but it only protects u when ur config is totally screwed. in ur case, ur config is just wrong.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
well, games load when the mod is on, and the dash on the disk is default.xbe. i've used this disk in the past and it has worked, i've even re-burned it to be sure. is there any way to force the "safe mode" or force it to ignore network settings and just boot?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Safe Mode0