Live TV stutters unless I rewind a couple seconds
Question 
Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating to XBMC and MythTV from SageTV. My MythTV back-end is running in Fedora 20, while the XBMC front-end is running on a Minix Neo X8-H, connected via a gigabit cabled network. MythTV is recording using an HD-PVR connected to a digital cable box.

So far everything is going pretty well, with one caveat: Live TV playback gives a *lot* of video artifacts/tearing/stuttering. However, if I rewind a few seconds while it's playing live, then hit play again, all the artifacts disappear and playback is perfect. Likewise, if I stop the live TV playback, then navigate to the video folder and play the mpeg file created during the live recording "offline," it doesn't stutter at all.

So, the recording itself is ok; the problem appears to simply be playing the TV video stream "live" vs. seconds (or more) after it's been recorded.

Any thoughts on the cause or how to remedy the behavior?

Thanks!

-Chris
Try the new version of the add-on
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198833

And when you have a problem you need to post your debug log (wiki)
Thanks, teeedubb. Is there an Android compilation of the new pvr.mythtv add-on you referenced? I couldn't find one in my searching, and the source seemed to be for Windows.

I'll work on generating the debug log, and will follow-up.

-Chris
I haven't seen an android version of pvr.mythtv anywhere.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV stutters unless I rewind a couple seconds0