Cant Play DVD ISO without menu
Hi all

I just love this software but since i dont have a tons of harddrive space i copy my dvds without menus and other language and so on to make it smaller but still keep the quality, but i cant play anyone of them. If I copy them with menu i can play them. How do I fix so I can play my dvd iso files without menus?
You might have a look at the program MakMKV, rips off disk or file directly to MKV http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MakeMKV
Thanks for quick replay. Is there any chance that I can get this to work without that software since i already has over 500 iso files already copyed to my harddrive.
It should be possible.

How do you create these iso files? What happens when you select an iso?

Could you follow these instructions of posting a debug log_file (wiki)
This link talks about MKV, the program can rip file iso to mkv quickly. Posting a debug log is useful.
Here is the logfile. I have removed som privat info but all lines that are left are not messed with

I create the ISO files from a folder with .vob files and make an ISO with poweriso.
First of all thats not a debug log, follow the link I provided, and secondly never post logs directly onto forum use a pastebin site such as http://xbmclogs.com as it makes it so much easier to read
Well, my mistake

Here is the correct one.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=285215

Thanks
(2014-09-02, 19:47)ValpenMrT Wrote: I create the ISO files from a folder with .vob files and make an ISO with poweriso.

You can't create a proper DVD iso like that. You need ifo files that tell a dvd player what to play. You can remove the menu's etc but you need to do this with proper dvd authoring software, not by just dropping some files.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-09-03, 20:33)black_eagle Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 19:47)ValpenMrT Wrote: I create the ISO files from a folder with .vob files and make an ISO with poweriso.

You can't create a proper DVD iso like that. You need ifo files that tell a dvd player what to play. You can remove the menu's etc but you need to do this with proper dvd authoring software, not by just dropping some files.

Yep I missed that before.

Since you've not created a proper DVD structure for just the main movie using a re-author tool (such as dvdshrink) there is no VIDEO_TS.IFO for XBMC to find.
(2014-09-04, 00:42)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 20:33)black_eagle Wrote:

Yep I missed that before.

Since you've not created a proper DVD structure for just the main movie using a re-author tool (such as dvdshrink) there is no VIDEO_TS.IFO for XBMC to find.

I have copied the dvds with either dvdfab or dvd decrypter. Only thing i do is removeing unwanted language and menus since i hate dvd menus. Tongue And if i burn them on a disc i can play them just fine. I have the VIDEO_TS.IFO file with all my DVD ISO files
(2014-09-04, 19:36)ValpenMrT Wrote: I have copied the dvds with either dvdfab or dvd decrypter. Only thing i do is removeing unwanted language and menus since i hate dvd menus. Tongue And if i burn them on a disc i can play them just fine. I have the VIDEO_TS.IFO file with all my DVD ISO files

Line 528 of log onwards has numerous VIDEO_TS.IFO not found messages which is why I assumed you didn't have one in the iso image.

When you open the iso to explore contents, is the top level (root) folder VIDEO_TS with the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VOB files contained within this folder?

So should look something like:

Well I think this is very strange. I have a screenshot for you. I see that u have the audio and video ts folder. I will test that and let u know

Only the VIDEO_TS folder is important one, the AUDIO_TS folder is empty and doesn't need to be present.

I happened to have a movie only dvd folder structure in my collection, and to test I used ImgBurn to generate the iso.
Ok I've done another test by removing the VIDEO_TS folder and having everything in root as you have and indeed it does not start the movie, the structure needs to be how I showed before for it to be recognised as a dvd video disc, however if you select the iso file and open the Context menu you should see the Browse Into option, and by selecting this you can see the contents of the iso, so to then play the dvd select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant Play DVD ISO without menu0