Linux Video stutter
You only habve 60hz. Disable audio passthrough. Sync playback to display WitzWith Methode method videoclock resample audio.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Can you elaborate on "video stutter". Is this a kind of micro stutter we observe as a result of a mismatch of refresh rate to fps or something more noticeable? I guess the latter, right?
13:47:12 T:139832181384960 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
13:47:18 T:139833904998336 WARNING: Previous line repeats 31 times.

Something seems to block the render thread.

We will see more in the 14.x log.
Back to feeling dumb again. I followed the WIKI that the Helix page sent me to, 1.3 installing a beta/unstable version, and all I got was 13.2 again. What am I missing?

Video stutter - the picture noticeably freezes and then jumps to keep up.
Try this ppa:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin

From this how-to: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854
Thanks. Will do
No progress. Helix loaded fine, set up the sync playback and method. for some reason audio passthrough did not show up.

new file:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=282997

I appreciate all your efforts!
I would try to update the NVidia diver to the most recent version next.
Passthrough won't show up cause your pulseaudio is configured to do 6 channel PCM. Check our wiki in how to do that correctly :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have the latest NVIDIA driver available through "Additional Drivers". I will go to NVIDIA direct for a more current update.

When I updated to Gotham, i also updated Linux from 12.04 to 14.04. Could there be any cause and effect there? I had no problems before.

I did check VLC player and it works fine, no stutter at all. Not sure that means anything. I did not mess with the passthrough since you want to disable it anyway.
You can't compare to VLC in this case because VLC does not render via OpenGL. According to the change logs NVidia has fixed quite a few OpenGL bugs in recent versions of their drivers.
Checked the NVIDIA site, and while there is a driver available, it is beyond my ability to install. I cannot get past the stop xserver step. I go to a black screen with a flashing cursor that does not allow input.

Earlier versions of the NVIDIA drivers had no problems. I tried the version I had installed before the upgrade, and the problem persists.

I am now headed for the roll back mode. My next step seems to be to purge everything and start fresh. I am hoping it is an install bug of some type.

This unit is primarily a HTPC. Would you recommend a minimal Linux install over a full Linux install?
google x-swat ppa you should not install the Linux driver from nvidia site, ideally the distro packaged drivers are recommended even by nvidia.
You can install vie ppa like this one: https://launchpad.net/~mamarley/+archive/ubuntu/nvidia
Finally figured out how to post the xrandr file, if you still need it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/551o8sdxudi6xr...randr?dl=0

I updated to the most recent driver. No change.

I am game for anything at this point.

What if I removed pulseaudio? I do not need it for anything.
the best way to post a log from ubuntu is to install pastebinit.

Code:
sudo apt-get install pastebinit

Now pastebinit can take a file as an argument like

Code:
pastebinit ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

or you can pipe the output of another command to it:

Code:
xrandr|pastebinit

Either way the url of the paste is left on the commandline for you to copy and paste in here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stutter0