Linux Video stutter
Hehe. Unity is an xbmc killer per excellence anyways.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Unity is certainly unneeded and unwanted in a media PC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
turned off composite X and rebooted. It had no effect on the movie stutter - still there
See the other stutter thread two above yours and try the FernetMenta ppa.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My apologies fritsch, but I looked for the stutter thread, and mine was on top. I went through a few of them again, but was wondering if you could point me to the right one.

Thanks
That one: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1787736
I tried to install using the ferment ppa, but what I got was Kodi 14.0. I have been using that for the last week as per ferment's request.

Thanks for the help though.
Could you please update the version from wsnipex ppa. Then turn off vdpau and all addons. Also switch off webserver, zeroconf, just everything which can be switched of. Then play some movie for at least 30 min and post a debug log. Maybe we are able to see some pattern.
Fernet, last night I downgraded Ubuntu to 12.04, reinstalled Gotham, updated my Nvidia drivers, and removed pulseaudio for ALSA.

My system now works like a charm.

Now that I know what works, if there is interest in persuing this problem further on the Kodi communities part, I will be happy to upgrade back to Trusty Tahr and start again. I realize that the upgrade will happen eventually anyway.

If not, I will watch the posts on the video stutter issue for a potiential solution from other sources.

Thank you for all of your efforts to date.
Would be interesting to try kodi on your current precise install. If that works, its a kernel or mesa issue.
OK. I will report back when complete.
I bet: kernel :-)
Ok, I reinstalled Trusty Tahr and re-removed pulseaudio.

Set up Kodi as requested, using the ferment ppa, no VAPAU, all other settings on default.

There are no addons installed with the exception of those that come with Kodi.

T[/align]he stutter is back.

Here is the log.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8282872/

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
The strategy recommended by wsnipex was doing one step after another, i.e. trying XBMC 14.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 first.
and please avoid compositing window managers.
12:33:12 T:139731255531456 DEBUG: Window Manager Name: Compiz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stutter0