Confluence plus preview
Hi.

This is preview of my modified Confluence based on 2.2.20 version. I wanted to have the skin easy to use for my family but standard Confluence is boring for me.

Changed or modified:
- some backgrounds
- some options in main menu
- Now playing info
- home widgets
- 'branding' i.e. modifiable home and menu logos (kodi and confluence logo) and settings image.
- weather background in every window
- KidsMENU based on smartplaylists (in .nfo files i set custom genre e.g. 'kidsmenu_movies' or 'kidsmenu_musicvideos')
- Dialogs ButtonMenu, Favourites, KaiToast, MuteBug, Numeric(big digits on change channel pvr), VolumeBar, Busy (from skin Bello)
- mini wideo and visualisations window when fullscreen background options are off.
- new strings only english and polish
- New fonts: OpenSans-Light(as default), OpenSans-Regular, OpenSans-Bold and Roboto

To do:
- add more nice views to library
- fanart slideshow support
- skin.shortcut support
- and more...

Folder extras contains e.x. logos, settings menu image and weather fanart theme.

Sorry for my englishBlush

watch gallery

DOWNLOAD
I really like the look. Will download and give it a try.
The one thing I can say is I don't think the thin font works out well. It's too thin.

But otherwise, I like this skin very very much. I'll be keeping it as a default for the time being.
(2014-08-31, 02:53)rd1979 Wrote: The one thing I can say is I don't think the thin font works out well. It's too thin.

But otherwise, I like this skin very very much. I'll be keeping it as a default for the time being.

If you want to try another font, try this very slightly modified version of this new Confluence Plus Skin. All I did was add a couple of additional fonts, as well as tweak the sizes to make it a bit bigger. I did nothing more. I just do the same on my customized version of CCM and figured it'd be an easy alteration here for those interested. This mod took me all but five minutes.

http://www.2shared.com/file/prEwh2mH/ski...lusv0.html

Note, when on the skin, just change the font to either "Schoolbell" or "MASSIVE" if you want to see how they look. "MASSIVE" is great for non-Western fonts such as Russian, Thai, and Chinese characters, characters which never showed up correctly until I tried this font.

FYI, great preview. I love the look of it all thus far. It would be nice to be able to tweak it a bit more like CCM, but regardless, not bad at all.

Edit: I found a better MASSIVE.ttf script and updated this package accordingly.
(2014-08-31, 02:53)rd1979 Wrote: The one thing I can say is I don't think the thin font works out well. It's too thin.

The thin font is what makes this skin so nice on the eyes.
(2014-09-02, 02:38)PimpTwzt Wrote:

The thin font is what makes this skin so nice on the eyes.

I agree, but its TOO thin, on both my tablet, and my 1080p display. It actually _HURTS_ my eyes its so thin.

xbmcwayist's mod helped, but its too thick and large.

I think it's possible to have a happy balance.
I added new link in the first post. This version includes bigger fonts.
(2014-09-02, 23:11)D.K. Wrote: I added new link in the first post. This version includes bigger fonts.

The OpenSans Regular has the balance I was talking about. Thanks a lot.

However, what xbmcwayist did with Massive, being able to display non-Western fonts is an important issue as well, any ideas on that?
Massive was too thick, it didn't even physically fit in many places.

Despite the Titan skin (which I like a lot) now being in the official repo, I've stuck with this skin since installation because its working out very nicely, without being too busy.
(2014-09-05, 00:37)rd1979 Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 23:11)D.K. Wrote: I added new link in the first post. This version includes bigger fonts.

The OpenSans Regular has the balance I was talking about. Thanks a lot.

However, what xbmcwayist did with Massive, being able to display non-Western fonts is an important issue as well, any ideas on that?
Massive was too thick, it didn't even physically fit in many places.

Despite the Titan skin (which I like a lot) now being in the official repo, I've stuck with this skin since installation because its working out very nicely, without being too busy.

The issue of non-Western fonts was why I started using the font renamed "MASSIVE.ttf". As for the size, it actually wasn't originally that large. The reason it may not fit everywhere on your screen is because I tweaked the 'Font.xml' file inside the '720p' folder of the skin to fit well enough on my tvs and whatnot. Since I use XBMC on older TVs I tried to make the font as large as possible so it is actually readable.

Anyway, If it is too big, feel free to tweak the sizes in the 'MASSIVE' section on there for your own needs. It's not too hard.

It would be interesting to find another font that works with non-Western fonts like this one. Note, if you want the origin of the "MASSIVE.ttf" font, here it is:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127671

Using the method I did to add the MASSIVE font you could technically easily add whatever font you desire, as well as tweak the sizes to whatever you like too.

EDIT:

I found another font that works great, and it is much smaller in file size than the previous MASSIVE. Anyway, I'll change my MASSIVE.ttf font to this one.
Will the skin automatically update as you release updates or will I have to download it and install every time its updated?
Are you think about made new version this skin.
This skin work very nice and fast on my prismcube.
Can someone re-up this skin for download?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence plus preview0