Linux Looking for IR Wake-up solution
XBMCbuntu/Gotham
ASUS P8277 Mobo/Intel I5/8Gb Memory / SSD /GBbit Lan
Hauppage Remote/Dongle
Logitech remote

I'm looking for a solution for a Wake-up IR signal problem. Currently the system, once it goes to sleep, wont wake up on an IR signal. The IR dongle show no activity at all. All the other USB wake-ups (keyboard/mouse) work ok. There seem to be some reported bios and ir problems with this MB, but all efforts to upgrade the bios have failed.

Any suggestions are welcome, also suggestions on a replacement modern motherboard with proven IR reliability. must have hdmi and optical
Try this
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid835642

Ignore the last two code boxes about making the changes permanent, there are better ways:

/etc/udev/rules.d/99-wakeup.rules

Code:
#harmony/phillips ir
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0471", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2093", RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'"
Great stuff, worked apart from the last section about 99-wakeup.rules, so I've temporarily used the old rc.local trick.

1. How would I determine the correct appropriate values for the hardware I have?

2. The remote powers off the unit, instead of hibernating it. Is this best fixed in the keymap file?

Thanks
You van get the vendor and product id from the command lsusb. It will be two sets of numbers looking like 1934:5168, first one being vendor id.

I'm pretty sure you can change what the power button does in xbmcs system settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for IR Wake-up solution0