AT2 new install will not boot
Hi guys i am a very new user to AT2 and XBMC, it was previously jailbroken and had an old version 12 something running which worked fine aside from not showing or allowing access to media. I used in for 12 months not knowing how or what to do. Last night i read this blog and felt maybe i could install the latest XBMC 13.2 and this would potentially fix my problems.
I downloaded the nitoTV app and deleted the old install before re-installing 13.2; upon rebooting and attempting to run XBMC it try's to start and then returns to the AT2 menu.

I have read you rules on posting on errors and bugs and this is what i have gotten.

I would really appreciate some help i fear that i have irreversibly lost the capacity to access XBMC please tell me this isn't so....

Platform: AppleTV2
Version: MC572X/A with 5.3(6105) software
XBMC Build: 13.2 (downloaded last night)
Installed by deleting old install and running new install from nitoTV app.
Wrong permissions of /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC (search our Wiki - it Shows you how to fix those permissions
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz ive had a look for the permissions fix this is what I've come up with and done with no fix.

4.4 Repair settings
Link
Settings or sources not stored and updates are failing? This can happen when the setting xml files are manipulated outside XBMC. Connect to your iPad/ATV2 as root using an ssh client and repair file permissions.
Run the following SSH command on the iPad/ATV2:
chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

I have now followed the uninstall information and reinstalled using the command line from this link
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2

I am still having the same boot problem. Any further ideas on what to do ? Is there a way to wipe the lot and start again ?

Kind regards and thank you again for your time
post a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
all fixed memphiz i used fire core or what not and started from the very start it is loading now but it still will not recognise shared folders from the mac.

Thanks for time and help memphiz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AT2 new install will not boot0