Question about OS?
Hi. I'm a newby to the forums. I've been using xbmc for about a year now and love it. I'm about to ditch cable and I'm working on fixing my desktop pc. It has a 2.6 ghz processor so I'm just replacing it with a new hdd (old one crashed). My question is the pc ran Vista. I still have the disks for that. Should I update to windows 7 or 8 or will Vista be enough to run smoothly? I will be using it only as a dedicated media center for my upstairs tv. Any help is greatly appreciated.
OpenELEC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I agree...OpenElec is the best way to go, if you want a dedicated media center.

If ou want something else and don´t want to use linux, then I would take vista disc, grab a big hammer out of my tools box and hit the until the disc pieces are smaller than grains of sand Wink

So if you want to use windows, I would prefere Win7 or Win8
Lol. Yeah that's how I feel about Vista too. Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate it.
Go with Windows 8.1! Some don't like the no start menu feature and although I like it now, it has taken me since release up to about 1 month ago to really like it. There are free programs out there that will give you a start menu back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about OS?0