Next-track when playing airplay
I am using airplay to stream from itunes music to XBMC.This works really well and I am happy with it.

What I am missing is an option to go to the next track in case I don't like a specific song.

Any chance to have this implemented in a very easy way? Or is this even already possible?

Thanks in advance for considering!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
If you want to change the track you need to do it from itunes? This is not what you mean i guess?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for your message. But nope, this is not what I was looking for. I know how to change tracks on itunes ;-)

I was hoping that I can trigger the change of track from XBMC directly? This is how it works with other airplay devices that would allow me to go to the next track without the need to turn to itunes again. You know what I am thinking of and would this be doable?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
this would be something which needs to be supported in libshairplay (this is the third party library we are using for receiving airplay music streams - which is one way only atm) . You could file a feature request here (if there is none already):

https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay/issues

this request here goes into a similar direction

https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay/issues/30
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks, I will log a feature request on GIT.
Have just received a reply and the shariplay developers have some questions for Memphiz. Thanks for looking into this.

https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay/issues/30
https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay/issues/32
Test builds:

Android-x86
Android-ARM
iOS
OSX64
WIn32
New testbuilds - this time progress information is added (shows the duration and current playtime of the current playing song). Currenttime is inaccurate - known issue.

Win32
OSX64
Android-ARM
Android-X86
iOS
Thanks, really appreciate the effort. I tried the OSX version and it works. A few observations though:

1) The play/pause function does not work reliably. You can always pause, but it "struggle" to resume. By "struggle, I mean that it mostly does not work, but sometimes it works. Will need to do more testing and look into log files. Stopping and forward/backwards always works.

2) When selection forward, it takes a few second for the old track to stop and the new track to start. The first few seconds of the next track are missing (i.e., the old track runs 2sec longer and the first 2 sec of the next track) do not play. Not a big issue and probably a normal airplay issue?

3) When selecting "player in Transparency!, the side-bar does not disappear. I don't think this was the case before?
I just checked on (3) and this is not "new", so please ignore. Any thoughts on (1) and (2)? My guess is that this is good and cannot be further improved. I am happy this way!!!
1 i have no problem with resume only there is a hickup - resuming plays back 2-3 secs instantly from the buffer - then there is another rebuffer gap until the stream continues. Also if you have the stream paused for more then 10 secs or so - the client will disconnect. Thats a feature of airtunes (behaves the same like with appletv). So pausing is a bad idea anyway because once its disconnected you can restart the stream only from the client (not from kodimanymore)
2. is similar to the resume hickup. Its the caching issue we have till the first days of airtunes. I hope with the revamp of libshairplay and closer integration of ntp/sync playback integration in the (very far!) future this will improve.
Got it, this explain both 1 (caused by different long time I paused) and 2. As said, I love this new functionality. Looks like ready for prime time. Thanks a lot for implementing this new feature. Assume this will be merged post Isengard as well?

Great to see enhanced airplay functionality. Next will be mirroring ;-) Just teasing and I am aware of the constraints and lack of opensource implementation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next-track when playing airplay0