Bug Remote Desktop to win 8.1 Pro system not working fullscreen in Kodi.
Remote desktop not working on full screen mode with kodi?

I think this is a known issue but not sure, I can't remote desktop to another PC without making Kodi not be in a full screen mode. This would be fine normally, but It stays that way on other PC when I want to watch TV I have to manually change it back to fullscreen. It seems to slow the UI response time as well when in window mode. ( I run Kodi on a Intel NUC connected directly to TV, with media on home server it streams from)

What would be the ideal way of changing settings/remote viewing Kodi? Do they have a webUI just for that task because I'm not seeing it. The only ones I see are just to view media/info. But nothing to change settings.

Can a fix be put into place to let Kodi work in fullscreen mode with remote desktop?
Remote desktop is SO smooth, and allows me to change other PC settings without running up and down stairs/turning on TV/switching to Kodi, etc. If it worked with Kodi be perfect setup for doing maintenance in Kodi.
Thanks
I forgot to make clear, this is on win 8.1 Pro using remote desktop.
(2013-07-09, 05:15)scottt732 Wrote: There was a major update to the Remote Desktop Protocol introduced with Windows 8 and then (I'm pretty sure) back-ported to Windows 7 (no clue about Vista). The kb file went out via Windows Update a while back, but for some reason they didn't enable the new features by default.

RDP was typically exclusively a TCP-based protocol (TCP/3389). The latest client and server pieces allow it to use UDP as a supplement to the TCP connection, but you need to setup the policy on your machine and reboot (or maybe just gpupdate and restart the service) to get the full effect. Full screen video at 1920x1080 is definitely watchable on a gigabit LAN, but YMMV.

See this link: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2013...-know.aspx

thats from an old thread here. don't know if that will help you or not.
XBMC/Kodi has never worked with RDP, as far as I know. There is no fix, because that's just how the graphics rendering in RDP works. It's not something that works with XBMC.

You could use VNC instead.

The ability to change settings remotely has been added to XBMC v13, but not a lot of remote applications have taken advantage of it yet.
Well I use remote desktop for many clients, thought it be easier to use it than downloading a 3rd party. I don't understand the whole "cant render in full screen because RDP uses own driver" part. How come I can run other programs just fine in full screen, except Kodi?

You say not a lot use it yet for remote settings, you know of any that do? The ones I see are just for standard viewing.

Someone develop a Web UI to change settings, manage movies/tv shows, etc that is simple and they get a paypal donation Big Grin

Thanks for help guys.
XBMC is more like a game than a normal application as we use DirectX to render the GUI and RDP does not work well with DirectX apps.
Actually it maybe possible with RDP8 & RemoteFX but you'd have to ask elsewhere about that I suspect, see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2012...ktops.aspx
XBMC seems to not be able to startup in an RDP session, but if its already running when you connect RDP it seems to be fine.
My experience accross Win 7 & 8.
(2014-09-05, 10:11)DoubleT Wrote: XBMC seems to not be able to startup in an RDP session, but if its already running when you connect RDP it seems to be fine.
My experience accross Win 7 & 8.

It will startup, as long as you select it to be in windows mode. I use the icon to choose windows mode. Which is the reason I thought it was weird because I can start up other programs in full screen with RDP fullscreen. Not a huge deal, just kind of annoying. I will wait for a webUI that lets me change settings.
Or sit in front of your TV and use a remote?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or not run downstairs, turn on Tv, switch over to pc, go into XBMC and use terrible UI controls to change one setting?

I could, you know, just open a link in browser and click setting and save them. The idea is to make things easier..not harder..
You can change some settings over JSON/RPC. Is it one particular setting you are wanting to change regularly? There are some threads on here recently about changing audio settings via JSON (so that it can be done from a remote, or curl etc) so a search might find those.

Quote:use terrible UI controls
those would be the same UI controls you wanted to use over RDP?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Desktop to win 8.1 Pro system not working fullscreen in Kodi.0