Win Intel NUC 34010wyk - win7 - CIR
Hi!

First off XBMC (Or KODI Wink ), is a GREAT piece of software, and I enjoy it a lot!

However, I am currently struggling to get the built-in Nuvoton CIR to work running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit in xbmc (13.2 Gotham). I have the latest drivers, and it shows as both Nuvoton and eHome devices in device management. I am using an Xbox 360 media remote, and it should work with the eHome driver as well (accordinmg to several sources). I've seen a registry hack where Windows should listen to all IR channels (CodeNumSet to value 0), and have performed that one. But nothing works.

I have both the eHome and Nuvoton devices listed in device management, should both be there, or should only the eHome device be?
I am using eventghost to try and register any inputs, but nothing is registered. Have also tried the MCE addon for xbmc, nothing there either.

I think the built-in receiver doesn't currently register ANYTHING at all (!)

Do you guys have any suggestions to any software that can be used to check if any signals are being registered with the CIR on win 7? I know it isn't hardware related, as I got the built-in receiver to work with an apple remote on linux, working just fine in xbmc.

How do I get the built-in CIR to work with any remote on Windows 7? If you can specifically help with the xbox 360 media remote, that would also be awesome Big Grin

Thanks in advance!
You should just install the drives and it'll work. That's been the case with all 3 NUCs I have with the built in CIR. You should try removing all the drivers and reinstalling.
Okay, thanks, will try that again. Have also heard from Intel NUC community, someone suggest that I do the registry hack on the other "remotes" in the current controlset as well. And change the values of CodeSetNum1-3 as well.

So will try some different things, hopefully some of it'll work Smile
I have both tried the official Windows media center, nothing happens. Have also tried in Xbmc with an MCE addon. Nothing happens. And yes, I have tried several times to uninstall and re-install the Nuvoton driver (SIO_CIR_win7_20120801_2.7.1005). Only buttons I seem to get to work are the ones associated with the TV, as the Xbox 360 media remote has the ability to turn on/off TV as well. If I uninstall the eHome driver and keep the Nuvoton, I am not able to see the device in e.g. evenghost either, so definitely need both devices/drivers in device management.

So far this is what I have tried:
- Changing only CodeNumSet0 - to both value 8 and 0. With restarts in between. And also having uninstalled the Nuvoton and eHome drivers in between. Naturally they have been installed when changing the registry Wink
- Changing both CodeNumSet0-3 - to both value 8 and 0, also with restarts in between and a couple of uninstallations of Nuvonton device.
However, I have only changed those registryhacks in the remote "745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da", and not the other ones. Should I try that?

Still no reactions in either Windows media center or Xbmc. Can it be due to running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit?
Should there be performed other registry hacks when running Win 7 Pro?

Its weird that I am not able to get this remote working, and congrats on having three with no probs, sounds like the dream Tongue

Currently I just want the remote to work with the built-in reciever. Not sure if you're familiar with Evenghost, but since the Nuvonton is filed under HID devices, i figured the signals would pop-up using an "Generic HID" evenghost plugin, where i pick the nuvoton HID device, but no.

Also, can Eventghost affect the registryhacks that I am doing?

Thanks for the Help @HellDiver !
Hey,
Did anyone get this to work?
I'm struggling with the same issue!
I see that the thread is old but I'm interested!

Someone has got to operate the remote Xbox 360 into a NUC?

I use Windows 10.

Any help is welcome!
Hi,

i have a NUC with the same IR driver and a XBox 360 remote.
The only thing i had to do to get the MS remote working is change the codenumset values as described.
By default the rc6 remote will not (fully) function.

After that, the remote worked instantly.
I did notice that you can set the type of IR in BIOS. Both standaard IR and RC6 i believe can be set.
In my case, both IR settings in BIOSD worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC 34010wyk - win7 - CIR0