XBMC plugin to block channel bugs to stop burn-in?
Short Question:
I'm looking for an XBMC plugin I can use to block channel bugs.

Long Explanation:
I have a lovely Panasonic plasma but after watching the Daily Show on it daily I can see the Comedy Central logo on a light background. It's not permanent burn in (I've seen this problem before with GUIs was able to get them to fade by changing skins and screensaver modes), but since the Daily Show comes out pretty often it this burn in is not fading away...

I don't want to stop watching Comedy Central, so I'm looking for a plugin that would simply mask or blur one of the corners of my screen during video playback. Does such tool thing exist? I did some preliminary searching but didn't come up with any plugins, just general suggestions on how to remove it (watch other stuff or use screensavers) or avoid it in the first place (don't watch the same stuff all the time).

Thanks for any help.

-Nick
Some tv's have a setting to shake the screen to ease the edges of static images so they are not as noticeable. Otherwise you have to re-encode the video to crop out the static image or to blur it out with surrounding colors. The general suggestions are really the best way to go.
Thanks sgibbers17, the general suggestions are more awkward than I'm looking for now, as is re-encodeing the video on a nightly basis.

I'm just wanting to put a small black box in the corner which seems like it should be simple.

I wonder if an add-on would even be able to display a video overlay all the time or is that not something directly exposed by XBMC?
My mums plasma has burn in on the top/bottom and sides from the black bars on widescreen/4:3 content, so not sure if a black box would help or make things worse. Why not zoom in so the channel logo is not visible?

Toy might be able to edit a skin to cover the corner but how to go about that is beyond me...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC plugin to block channel bugs to stop burn-in?0