Videos Ending Playback Prematurely
Many (all?) of my videos are ending prematurely. I'll be watching something and then XBMC (13.2) will stop playback and kick out to the UI. Here's a link to my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=283306

The last one happened around 21.49 (T: 1729842752) or 21.50 in the log. I notice a warning that reads:

WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

I've also noticed:

INFO: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - Hit eof

I'm not sure what that means or how I might go about resolving it. Could it be a network issue? Is there a cache that is eventually depleting? I have XBMC installed on a Fire TV and pulling content from a NAS via SMB. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
Would you happen to use SMB over WiFi?
No, both the NAS and the Fire TV are over Ethernet.
Well, I'm not sure then. In the case of wireless, though possibly with other devices as well, I've noticed that XBMC's built in SMB client is basically AWEFUL. When it faces latency when expecting a response, latency it seems to be hypersensitive to, it'll quickly go '
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available' and then give up. Buffering in XBMC fails to solve this, as it's the SMB client that FILLS the buffer, so it goes all 'Asked for new packet, with nothing available' and stops filling the buffer.

I had an AC-66U with DDWRT that had this issue. It also had this issue with the stock Asus firmware. However with the 'Xbox Mode', a gamer oriented, latency reduction mode for the radio, the issue went away. The problem also resolved itself by using an old WRT54GL using DDWRT instead. Ethernet would also fix it. Another fix was to mount those SMB shares in the OS, and then pointing XBMC at those mounts, this resulted in XBMC not using SMB, instead the OS is using it's own SMB client.

This I think is the cause of a LOT of 'mystery' problems that result in "WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available" we see here on the forums.

Though there seem to be plenty of OTHER issues that can cause it as well.
So, do you think connecting via a different protocol may help?
Seems the issue was an Ethernet switch I had. While it seems to work for other devices, XBMC didn't like it. I reconnected both the NAS and the Fire TV directly to the router and now it seems to work just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos Ending Playback Prematurely0