2.0 audio not seen as such
My old PS3 would just parse stereo audio thru HDMI in such a manner that my HD Amp still saw it as 2.0 audio. and, hence, could upmix to, say, Neural THX. XBMC simply always delivers it to the Amp as 7.1 channels (even though, effectively, only 2 are used on stereo sources). As a result, my HD Amp no longer sees it as stereo, and thus will no longer upmix.

I know XBMC has its own upmixer; but, no offense, it's *very* primitive. So, is there a way for XBMC to just let my Amp know it's just stereo?

Thanks.
did you disable "Stereo Upmix"?
(2014-09-01, 21:11)wsnipex Wrote: did you disable "Stereo Upmix"?

Yes. See my start-post.
nowhere in the OP do you state that you already disabled upmix in xbmc.
(2014-09-01, 21:15)wsnipex Wrote: nowhere in the OP do you state that you already disabled upmix in xbmc.

True. Smile But I did, yes. What that upmix does, I dunno, but it just feels like it's just evenly distributing over all surround channels (which doesn't sound all that good, to be honest).
set it to best match in xbmc
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-09-01, 21:40)Memphiz Wrote: set it to best match in xbmc

Thx. Wink I'll try that.
You don't mention what OS you are using, if it happens to be Windows then this could be a consequence of using the Directsound device with 7.1 configured in Windows.
(2014-09-01, 23:06)jjd-uk Wrote: You don't mention what OS you are using, if it happens to be Windows then this could be a consequence of using the Directsound device with 7.1 configured in Windows.

You were absolutely right! I had accidentally set my audio to Directsound, instead of WASAPI, after a fresh XBMC install. Like you were saying here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175958

LOL. All is well again! Thx! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2.0 audio not seen as such0