BBC iplayer stops after a minute
Hi. I am new to this and I need some advice please.

I am running BBC iplayer on a raspberry pi. After a minute or so of playing a program it stops and drops back to the program list saying that the program can resume playing. I can then select the program again and again after a a few minutes it stops again. There are no problems running ITV player so it appears it is iplayer specific.I am running iplayer 2.5.4 on Frodo 12.2. I am running over a wireless network although the same symptoms exist when I run over wired nework.

Has anyone else experienced this and can they offer any help please.

Many thanks
OK so 72 people have read my post but no one has been able to help.

In the meantime I have been playing with all the various settings in iplayer configuration and I have found that if I set the protocol to rtmp(port1935) it works for catch up programs. (I've no idea what this is or does). Live TV does still not work but by migrating to 2.5.9 with the same settings everything works.

I hope that if someone else has this problem then this thread will be helpful.
2.5.9 has been necessary for some time, and certainly if you have migrated to Gotham.
Unfortunately the BBC make changes without apparently considering the effects at large,
and have planned more as they separate out TV from Radio and drop the possibility of HDTV
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BBC iplayer stops after a minute0