Windows 8 Sharing issue
I m having some issues with sharing a folder between my windows 8.1 laptop and a raspbmc, and having even more issues finding anything related to windows 8.1 in the world of raspbmc.

My issue is I have a shared folder on my laptop which is shared to "Everyone". When I navigate to it through raspbmc I can see the workgroup, and my laptop. When I click on the laptop to browse deeper it prompts me with the "Lock Settings" screen to log in. I have come to understand that everyone does not mean a whole lot outside of windows machines and have found articles directing me to enable anonymous access, but they are all for older versions of windows. I do not mind configuring it to use a username and password because I like security, but when I tried my windows 8 user name and login it did nothing. No error saying its wrong, it just brought me back to the lock setting screen with not password filled in. To be honest I am not exactly sure which is my windows 8 login, but I have tried my name (first and last with a space) and my outlook email that I had to set up with windows when I got the laptop. Neither worked, and no error messages.

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone used raspbmc or any xbmc variant with windows 8 shares, I can't seem to find any information on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 8 Sharing issue0