Req Create 'folder.jpg' from art found during scan
I've been looking around the net for help creating 'folder.jpg' copies of my album art so that XBMC will find and use them.

I keep all of my album art named for the band and album it is for. I like this because then I can search or share specific art. This is a problem for XBMC; the scan doesn't recognize this naming convention for use as thumbnails and I have to manually go into every album info and get thumb, which is simply too many clicks to get to network share path of the art.

What would be cool is if during the scan, or update library scan, XBMC would also recognize any .JPG files with any naming within the album folder, check to see if there is already 'folder.jpg', and if so, use it, but if not, then duplicate the existing .JPG file and rename it to 'folder.jpg'. It would be slow the first time around, but successive updates when new albums and art are added, it would be fast. This assumes there is only one .JPG file in the folder for the cover art, which is how I do it.

I have software that can rename all of my cover art in a batch, but that's not quite what I would like. The point here is that I don't want to lose the specifically named version of the cover art; I just want a copy of it that is renamed correctly for XBMC, and I don't want to have to do it myself every time I add a new album to my collection.
I may have posted this too soon.

In settings, I found the 'search for remote thumbnails' option, but it did not seem to work.

With some help from the internet, I learned how to use Robocopy in Windows to dupilcate my music folder/sub-folder heirarchy along with only the .JPG files contained therein. Then I used a batch rename program to rename all JPEGs to 'folder.jpg'. The last part was to copy all of the duplicate folders back into my music directory, which merged the new 'folder.jpg' files into the correct directories. Now to update XBMC to see if it worked.

Maybe this thread should be moved to Tips/How To's if relevant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create 'folder.jpg' from art found during scan0