• 21(current)
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player
(2014-10-21, 23:11)movie78 Wrote: Are you getting the OpenHour or you waiting on reviews from Willem55?

Waiting for an impartial/independent review would be my advice... Wink
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-21, 23:15)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 23:11)movie78 Wrote: Are you getting the OpenHour or you waiting on reviews from Willem55?

Big Grin

Lol!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
How come people have got there's already did they not just shipping only today?

Hoping mine will come quick now aswell but in uk so guessing it going to take longer :-(
(2014-10-21, 23:19)movie78 Wrote:

Big Grin

Lol!!
+1. Hopefully, we'll get some user impressions soon.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I'm really curious about video quality at 1080p
(2014-10-21, 21:40)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 20:48)nickr Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 20:21)movie78 Wrote: Are you sure about that?

Sorry what I should have said is that XBMC does not support MVC decoding. Therefore a 3D iso will only play a 2D picture.

No you are wrong

Watch this Android device playing Bluray 3d ISO

http://youtu.be/7hUgRNd7BSw

No, you are wrong. That is NOT XBMC playing the 3D iso, it is some external program. Please stop spreading nonsense.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Got an email saying that my open hour order is delayed due to a delay in getting the air mouse I ordered with it in stock...bit disappointing as I wouldn't have ordered the air mouse if I had known. Not expected to ship until end of the month.
(2014-10-22, 01:43)noise36 Wrote: Got an email saying that my open hour order is delayed due to a delay in getting the air mouse I ordered with it in stock...bit disappointing as I wouldn't have ordered the air mouse if I had known. Not expected to ship until end of the month.

I got the same email Rolleyes
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

(2014-10-22, 00:20)nickr Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 21:40)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 20:48)nickr Wrote: Sorry what I should have said is that XBMC does not support MVC decoding. Therefore a 3D iso will only play a 2D picture.

No you are wrong

No, you are wrong. That is NOT XBMC playing the 3D iso, it is some external program. Please stop spreading nonsense.

Twice wrong then it's time for a right....

There is xbmc 'the jukebox' and then there is xbmc 'the playback engine'...
And they are brought together with the xml configuration solution telling the xbmc jukebox to play the file with either the xbmc playback engine or the Hardware manufactures playback engine depending on the type of file.

So yeah both right and both wrong...Big Grin

But from an end user perspective the xbmc plays it.. no matter what playback engine is used.

At least we know that 3D BD ISO can be played back using the manufactures playback engine when started using a file manager. so if that is the case then only nickr is right...

Thanks for the confidence milhouse.... but as far as my personal preferences go this box need to compete with my A-400 on picture and sound quality first and I have great doubts that it will, I'm sure the Chameleon with xbmc will be better in usability and eye candy but I tend to spend 99% of my time on a player watching and listening to content and as little as possible on the user interface.
And I'm as critical on the Openhour as I'm on any other player.
I'm a user and a moderator on the NMT userforum, let's just say there are people at Cloudmedia corp. that like me just as much as some people running the show here... and somehow I survived as a moderator for 6 years nowWink

(2014-10-22, 07:27)litfoo Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 01:43)noise36 Wrote: Got an email saying that my open hour order is delayed due to a delay in getting the air mouse I ordered with it in stock...bit disappointing as I wouldn't have ordered the air mouse if I had known. Not expected to ship until end of the month.

I got the same email Rolleyes

Yeah and it's a lame excuse/email... I think they sold more than planned for the first batch so production runs on for a week more and then they're shipping the lot..

But discuss this on the openhour forum as it has nothing to do with xbmc...
There's another box here that claims 3D BD-ISO in XBMC: http://www.futeko.com/products/MP058.php
(2014-10-22, 10:04)Willem55 Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 00:20)nickr Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 21:40)movie78 Wrote: No you are wrong

Twice wrong then it's time for a right....

There is xbmc 'the jukebox' and then there is xbmc 'the playback engine'...
And they are brought together with the xml configuration solution telling the xbmc jukebox to play the file with either the xbmc playback engine or the Hardware manufactures playback engine depending on the type of file.

So yeah both right and both wrong...Big Grin

But from an end user perspective the xbmc plays it.. no matter what playback engine is used.

At least we know that 3D BD ISO can be played back using the manufactures playback engine when started using a file manager. so if that is the case then only nickr is right...
No you are wrong here Willem55, an external third-party media player application is not a "playback engine" IN XBMC.

XBMC have several internal player cores and those are the only ones that can classified as "playback engines".

External third-party media player application have their own "playback engines", they are not playback engines" themselves.

And no, in most cases using an external third-party media player application is not invisible from an end-user perspective.

Remote might not work at all, or work very differently, and you get none of XBMC OSD menus or playback functions.

Two times wrong does not make a right.

Sorry but using external players with XBMC are only a temporary workaround, not a genuine solution.

[EDIT]: Next you will be telling people you can play Angry Birds in XBMC just because it can launch it as an external apps.

The concept of launching the game Angry Birds from XBMC in practically the same concept as launching external players.

Again, launching external players are not playing the media IN XBMC, and saying so is nonsense just as nickr said.

If it is not integrated into XBMC or a true addon for XBMC then it is not XBMC. It is just an external application.
Hedda we had this discussion before in this thread... and we agree.

I called it a temporary workaround up to the point where kodi catches up on whatever the manufactures playback engine does,
Then the discussion got religious.... and I'm not going there again.

But a new user is a media player users, who bought a box,,, not just xbmc... now if the xbmc playback engine can't play the file the way he wants it he'll use the other one that can.
With loss of functionality I'm sure but just for the files that xbmc wasn't able to do in the first place..
As I understand the xbmc player xml you can select internal or external for each file type...

And lets all hope kodi will soon catch up on this hardware with the support from Rockchip, Koying and many others..
You guys are killing me..

Most user who buys this product,when the are using XBMC and playing their files.

As far as their launching their media through XBMC,they don't care if its external or internal player.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-10-22, 19:37)movie78 Wrote: You guys are killing me..

Most user who buys this product,when the are using XBMC and playing their files.

As far as their launching their media through XBMC,they don't care if its external or internal player.

yes they do if their remote then doesn't work, they can't scan or FF/RW and the UI is different.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player7