• 4(current)
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player
What version of Android will this run? if KitKat or lower at launch will there be any plans for an Android L or even Android TV update?
I am really interested in this box, especially if they are honest about wanting to work with the Devs fully. We may finally see a set-top box that is almost made for Kodi which would be amazing. Now I wonder how this would perform with Dolphin and other emulators hmm...
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
poplap it would have to offer proper opengl 4.4 support like nvidia does with their K1 chip and Shield Tablet.
If it has proper OpenGL ES 3.0 with proper drive implantation it should be just fine for performance senses that is what is used in the Android version which is alpha right now. I am mostly would want it for GameCube games and MAYBE one or two Wii games. In reality I just want to hack things together and see what sticks.
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
We will have to see if Rockchip provides proper drivers for GL ES 3/Opengl 4 or not. Once people start getting rockchip 3288 devices they can easily start testing Dolphin but this is the last I will say on this here. Can always start a discussion over ont he dolphin forums in the android sub forums if we want to continue this. Not sure if GL SE 3/OpenGL 4 has any benifits to xbmc or not. and I will never call it kodi personally it will always be xbmc to me.
I am not familiar to the code base but I think it does not require that high of OpenGL anything but it does need it. This board should run Kodi just fine sense a lot of device now don't even support GL ES 3.

I am trying to switch to Kodi though I sometimes still write XBMC by accident.
(2014-09-04, 12:37)jjd-uk Wrote: What version of Android will this run? if KitKat or lower at launch will there be any plans for an Android L or even Android TV update?

Hi,

It will run Android 4.4.2 at launch time. Since the box is Open OS, upgrading to a different OS is easy however this is still dependable on the CPU manufacturer releasing support.
The product isn't released yet and already I am reading "CPU manufacturer releasing support." and " Rockchip will work with XBMC to support this in future." As good as this box looks how often did we hear the same things from Syabas about Sigma Design and promises of improvements in future SDKs that get abandoned when the next model of the player comes out.

Martin
(2014-09-05, 04:52)emveepee Wrote: The product isn't released yet and already I am reading "CPU manufacturer releasing support." and " Rockchip will work with XBMC to support this in future." As good as this box looks how often did we hear the same things from Syabas about Sigma Design and promises of improvements in future SDKs that get abandoned when the next model of the player comes out.

Martin

Not gonna lie but that is why I left after I got tired of my A-100.

So will Netflix run on this thing?
(2014-09-05, 08:02)reaper.dk Wrote: So will Netflix run on this thing?

Hi,

We did not have a chance to test this but will do so including Netflix 4K streaming. Will update here once we do so.

Thanks

Not sure whether posting this link will violate any rule, but here is a youtube video that we made.

(2014-09-05, 10:46)OpenHour Wrote:
(2014-09-05, 08:02)reaper.dk Wrote: So will Netflix run on this thing?

Hi,

We did not have a chance to test this but will do so including Netflix 4K streaming. Will update here once we do so.

Thanks

Cool thanks Smile
Color me skeptical... past experience with PCH products, and this one reminds me of what was promised prior to launch of Popbox. Would love to be wrong.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-09-05, 04:52)emveepee Wrote: The product isn't released yet and already I am reading "CPU manufacturer releasing support." and " Rockchip will work with XBMC to support this in future." As good as this box looks how often did we hear the same things from Syabas about Sigma Design and promises of improvements in future SDKs that get abandoned when the next model of the player comes out.

Martin

Clap Clap Clap
Oh if only negative rep was enabled on the forum.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player7