• 2(current)
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player
I say send the devs a box each upon release for free - they can put it through its paces and we can get a viewpoint before the masses buy it
Smile
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
what about picture quality vs a400 ?

2) fork of xbmc mean that we must wait you for software upgrade ? or can i install open elec ( if they support it)
l

ps no usb 3 ports and no sata

what about sd slot speed rw
(2014-09-02, 17:57)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 15:57)OpenHour Wrote: Currently, Rockchip the CPU manufacturer and Cloud Media is working directly with XBMC team for a customise XBMC for the Open Hour Chameleon.
Strange then that I'm not aware of any such activity, could you provide a name of who you are working with? Also could you make sure to read our forum rules paying particular attention to Forum_rules#No_solicitation (wiki)

Hi JJD,

Tried to PM you but i couldn't, according to Rockchip they have signed a NDA so if you could contact me i am happy to share more information with you.

Thanks!

(2014-09-02, 21:20)leepenny Wrote: I say send the devs a box each upon release for free - they can put it through its paces and we can get a viewpoint before the masses buy it
Smile

Hi,

We are trying to get in touch with the dev team to do just that. Thank you for the suggestion.
(2014-09-02, 21:34)Roby77 Wrote: what about picture quality vs a400 ?

2) fork of xbmc mean that we must wait you for software upgrade ? or can i install open elec ( if they support it)
l

ps no usb 3 ports and no sata

what about sd slot speed rw

Hi Roby,

IMHO, sigma's solution still offers the best picture quality therefore the premium price point.

The Chameleon is open platform, you are free to do whatever you want with it because of the ability to swop bootable SD card.

We have not actually tested the SD card slot R/W speed but we are sure that it supports Class 10 SD card spec.

Thanks!
Looks like it's just gonna be An Android app for now.

(2014-09-03, 05:54)OpenHour Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 17:57)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 15:57)OpenHour Wrote: Currently, Rockchip the CPU manufacturer and Cloud Media is working directly with XBMC team for a customise XBMC for the Open Hour Chameleon.
Strange then that I'm not aware of any such activity, could you provide a name of who you are working with? Also could you make sure to read our forum rules paying particular attention to Forum_rules#No_solicitation (wiki)

Hi JJD,

Tried to PM you but i couldn't, according to Rockchip they have signed a NDA so if you could contact me i am happy to share more information with you.

Thanks!

(2014-09-02, 21:20)leepenny Wrote: I say send the devs a box each upon release for free - they can put it through its paces and we can get a viewpoint before the masses buy it
Smile

Hi,

We are trying to get in touch with the dev team to do just that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Then are not working with Team XBMC. we don't sign NDAs.
So if you are providing your own fork you cannot use the name Kodi without written consent from us as you are likely altering the source code. See our trademark pages. The name xbmc is also prohibited from use. Sending a PM to a team member is not the way to share information. There's a contact page should you further want to discuss these things.
You should not claim things like working together before you actually contacted us. This doesn't give a real good impression of your "company".

As a note, your username also violates our forum rules which state that you can't use a company or product name.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi Martijn,

Thank you for the clarification, our information was provided by Rockchip the CPU manufacturer which they claim that they have contacted Team XBMC.

We will clarify with them and will contact Team XBMC through the proper channel as we are sincere about this partnership and want to set things in motion.

I apologize for the username, who can i contact to get it change or I should just create another account?
(2014-09-03, 07:18)OpenHour Wrote: Hi Martijn,

Thank you for the clarification, our information was provided by Rockchip the CPU manufacturer which they claim that they have contacted Team XBMC.

We will clarify with them and will contact Team XBMC through the proper channel as we are sincere about this partnership and want to set things in motion.

I apologize for the username, who can i contact to get it change or I should just create another account?
Just to add to Martijns reply, please read http://xbmc.org/Corporate-Enquiries/ and use the provided email adress. When dealing with companies wishing to use XBMC/Kodi we of course respect anything of a commercialy sensitive nature and will keep any such disclosure confidential , however Team XBMC won't ever ask a commercial partner to sign a NDA.
Hi JJD,

Thanks for pointing to the correct direction, we read through the page and now have a better understanding on the correct procedure.

We will be writing to that email address as soon as we clarify some information with Rockchip.

Cheers!
(2014-09-03, 09:28)OpenHour Wrote: Hi JJD,

Thanks for pointing to the correct direction, we read through the page and now have a better understanding on the correct procedure.

We will be writing to that email address as soon as we clarify some information with Rockchip.

Cheers!

Please also let Rockchip know that they can also contact us direct using the email address on that page if they wish to clarify anything or have any concerns. If they have been dealing with someone purporting to be a member of Team XBMC then we would be very interested in who this is.
Hi,

Just had a meeting with Rockchip and we made some clarification. I emailed the email address and we are looking forward for Team XBMC reply!

ps: how do i change my username?

Thanks!
(2014-09-03, 10:46)OpenHour Wrote: Hi,

Just had a meeting with Rockchip and we made some clarification. I emailed the email address and we are looking forward for Team XBMC reply!

ps: how do i change my username?

Thanks!

Thanks.

I think you'll find most of the Team members have PM's shut off due to the fact of users contacting us direct for support through them rather than use the public forum. So to get the username changed post to http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35 with what you want to change to and one of the forum admins can do that for you.

Note if you're considering some form of sponsorship then in those case we allow use of the company name in addition to some unique personal identifier e.g. eric@OpenHour
Without disclosing hdmi version i fear that this means a hdmi 1.3/1.4 - limited to 30fps on 4k material, correct me if I'm wrong.
(2014-09-03, 11:27)RaggSokk3n Wrote: Without disclosing hdmi version i fear that this means a hdmi 1.3/1.4 - limited to 30fps on 4k material, correct me if I'm wrong.

The Rockchip SoC used does support HDMI 2.0 see http://www.rock-chips.com/a/en/products/...4/484.html
That's correct, it's HDMI 2.0
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player7