Solved Are not able to add video file using NFS
Sad 
Hi,

I have managed to setup two Linux Mint 17 computers which are Ubuntu 14.04 based with NFS sharing. When I use the client to mount from the server PC then I can access the video file using Nemo the filemanager. And I'm able to watch this video file without any problems over NFS.

But when I use XBMC Gotham on the client and try to add a new video source from a NFS drive, then it doesn't pickup any files.
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong?

I tried to add video source locally on the server XBMC and that worked without any problems. The videos were saved in the library index. But NFS indexing didn't work for me. Huh

What information do you need me to show to troubleshoot?

/etc/exports - Server PC
Code:
/home/luke/Desktop/TV_share    192.168.0.90(rw,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,sync)

Client PC
Code:
client@linux$ showmount -e 192.168.0.91

Export list for 192.168.0.91:
/home/luke/Desktop/TV_share 192.168.0.90
Add insecure option or use the system Mount.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
An read the nfs wiki link in my signature for preventing the next question which would be "ERR_ACCESS" for sure Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks! Adding insecure option to "/etc/exports" and just mounting the share from "/mnt/nfs/skywalker_Share" made XBMC Gotham happy.

I didn't bump into any "ERR_ACCESS" problems with this setup. It just worked, however it did create some weird behavior on the XBMC/Linux Mint 17 machine like not being able to shutdown that machine. Everytime you shut it down it instead restarts the PC, so you have to physically push the ON/OFF button while it restarts the BIOS/POST to actually shut it down.

But that's a story for another thread I guess, I'm just happy being able to run my stuff on the XBMC at this point using NFS. Big Grin

/etc/exports - Server PC
Code:
/home/luke/Desktop/TV_share    192.168.0.90(ro,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,sync,insecure)

Client PC
Code:
192.168.0.91:/home/luke/Desktop/TV_share /mnt/nfs/skywalker_Share nfs rw,hard,intr,noexec 0 0

PS.
The official Kodi wiki was hard for me to follow from a NFS virgin perspective.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS...from_Linux

So instead the tutorials that helped me the most were these two. But they weren't perfect either I had to combine their knowledge to make things work. Seems like many tutorials from just a year ago about NFS is a little outdated.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/t...untu-14-04
http://mostlylinux.wordpress.com/network/nfshowto/
Well our wiki is as up to date as it can get because the prerequisites for using nfs from within xbmc haven't changed since it was initially implemented ... - but whatever - glad you got it working. Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are not able to add video file using NFS0