TV Show Help
I have looked at other threads but none of them have me up and running so.........

Having never played with a media server before, I downloaded XBMC for the first time today and have all my movies in the library with all the correct info etc, lovely. However I can't get the TV shows to show up. They are there in Videos - Files but the TV show tab is not visible and the option to hide/unhide is greyed out. The TV shows are arranged on my PC in folders as follows. TV/Show Name/Season/mp4. I have used theRenamer to get the correct naming convention for the files. I have tried adding the TV folder and then the Show folder and even the season folder to see if changing the folder level worked, each time making sure it was set as a (TV Show) directory and The TVDB set as the scraper. I still can't get the TV Show tab to be visible or the option to hide/unhide to be active.

I hope I am doing something daft and easy to sort out but I am at a total loss so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
When you added the drive to the library did you select the share as "TV"?

B.
If I click on the library - files tab I see all my video shares. If I right click and select change content I see a menu which tells me that the directory contains TV shows and that the scraper is The TVDB. Is this what you are asking? Sorry I am not familiar with all the terms yet.

Thanks.
I would recommend to sort the TV-shows in a different folder. Make one folder for your movies (called "Movies) and one folder for your tv-shows (called "TV-Shows")

After this, you add a source, grab the "Movies" folder and select it in the way, that it contains "movies". Then add a new source, grab the "TV-Shows"-folder and set it to tv-shows. Then your tv-shows should appear if you click on "TV-Shows" in your main menu of XBMC. Be aware, that "TV-Shows" doesn't exist in main menu while using "Confluence"-skin untill you add those tv-shows. After you added, this menu point will be created automatically by XBMC.

If you use other skins, then this point might be already there.

Greetings.
All working. When I added the parent TV folder rather than a sub-folder for the actual show (In this case Black Adder) everything worked. I can't say I know exactly why but I can replicate the fix for other folders so I am happy Smile

Thanks so much for your help I think xbmc is going to be exactly what I am after.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Help0