Linux Cuts in the image
Hi, im running the new kodi 14.0 alpha 3 on my xubuntu with 3.15 kernel and dual view screen. The second screen on fullscreen works perfect except the videos have cuts on image i see litles lines on the middle of the screen like drop frames. I have ati AMD APU A6-6400K BlackEdition with Radeon HD 8470D. I have install the proprietary ati drivers ver 13.35.

Thx
(2014-09-03, 01:32)Smallville Wrote: I have install the proprietary ati drivers ver 13.35.
Thx

bad idea for Xbmc use. No hardware decoding. Use the mesa radeon driver.

As for the "lines". Tearing happens if display refresh rate is not in sync with the video fps. If you run this on a normal PC monitor, you'll never get perfect sync for 23,976Hz material. Most obvious will be 25Hz though.

Nonetheless, make sure desktop compositing is disabled and enable vsync in xbmc.
(2014-09-03, 08:11)wsnipex Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 01:32)Smallville Wrote: I have install the proprietary ati drivers ver 13.35.
Thx

bad idea for Xbmc use. No hardware decoding. Use the mesa radeon driver.

As for the "lines". Tearing happens if display refresh rate is not in sync with the video fps. If you run this on a normal PC monitor, you'll never get perfect sync for 23,976Hz material. Most obvious will be 25Hz though.

Nonetheless, make sure desktop compositing is disabled and enable vsync in xbmc.

Thanks for your reply, how i install the mesa radeon drivers I'm still newbie on ubuntu (linux). And im running the xbmc on a Lg tv 32"
Just use xbmcbuntu. Fetch updates after Installation and fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-03, 11:21)fritsch Wrote: Just use xbmcbuntu. Fetch updates after Installation and fine.

I cant use the XBMCbuntu because dont have the Kodi version yet ( i think ) and i really need the dual view feature on xbmc because i use 1ºs screen ( benq monitor ) for working and others things and my second screen ( Lg tv 32" ) for xbmc to play videos and other features.

Thx
You can easily add the helix ppa in xbmcbuntu an install the x11 aware Version.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-03, 11:40)fritsch Wrote: You can easily add the helix ppa in xbmcbuntu an install the x11 aware Version.

Sry but what is the x11 aware Version ?
Management of second monitor was realized by dropping sdl and making use off x11 directly. Which is the reason kodi works for you.
(2014-09-03, 12:09)fritsch Wrote: Management of second monitor was realized by dropping sdl and making use off x11 directly. Which is the reason kodi works for you.

Thx for the advice i'll try the xbmcbuntu, and after finish the installation i install the kodi version. But before i try the xbmcbuntu i want to try install mesa radeon driver like wsnipex say, how can i do that ?

Thx
Purge all fglrx packages
Whipe xorg.conf
Cleanup grub config
Install mesa-vdpau-drivers

Gold luck :-)
(2014-09-03, 15:16)fritsch Wrote: Purge all fglrx packages
Whipe xorg.conf
Cleanup grub config
Install mesa-vdpau-drivers

Gold luck :-)

Do you know if the XBMCbuntu have the vdpau-drivers included after finish install, like out of the box ?

Thx for all the help.
Yes. All there. Just make sure to fully update and upgrade after Installation. Disable vaapi and use vdpau which this driver supports.
(2014-09-03, 18:51)fritsch Wrote: Yes. All there. Just make sure to fully update and upgrade after Installation. Disable vaapi and use vdpau which this driver supports.

Im trying boot XBMCbuntu for install but i always have a black screen after live usb boot, i have the same issue on ubuntu/xubuntu installation, but i choose the nomodeset option and all go nice. How i boot XBMCbuntu with nomodeset option on ?

Thx
press Shift during bios post to get to the menu.
(2014-09-03, 21:59)wsnipex Wrote: press Shift during bios post to get to the menu.

Sry but the shift dont work ..... I boot computer and choose to boot from my usb drive , next i have the option try xbmc without install and the option install xbmc after i press one or other when o log on xbmc the screen goes black and computer reboot. where i press the shift key on this ? On ubuntu on grub menu i press F6 and choose the nomodeset and works ... on XBMCbuntu i dont have that option .....

Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cuts in the image1