Linux Cuts in the image
Nomodset will disable the OSS kms driver so is no permanent solution. After succesful Installation upgrade the kernel to at least 3.15.4 and remove that Option again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-03, 23:04)fritsch Wrote: Nomodset will disable the OSS kms driver so is no permanent solution. After succesful Installation upgrade the kernel to at least 3.15.4 and remove that Option again.

Thx for all the help i have now installed the last stable kernel 3.16.1 and all is fine, only need to install the graphic card and the vdpau driver .... can you pls tell-me step by step how i can do that ? I have read alot on google and on forum but i cant get it work. I have clean install of xbmcbuntu with nomodeset option and the kernel updated, only need install the grafic driver and vdpau.

Thx
Remove nomodeset that is everything.

Post dmesg after succesful boot and also the output off vdpauinfo
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-04, 17:52)fritsch Wrote: Remove nomodeset that is everything.

Post dmesg after succesful boot and also the output off vdpauinfo

I think i dont not explained well. for I can do the installation I have to add nomodeset to the boot line, because if I do not add the nomodoeset i can not even do the installation. The pc always reboot after loading the xbmcbuntu setup. So after i install the XBMCbuntu wit nomodeset i cant boot again the computer always reboot. I have always to write the nomodeset on boot line. I have this problem problem but i dont know how to solve on xbmc.

Thx
With nomodeset the OSS driver won't work. As it needs kms which you disable with that. I had hoped 3.16 fixes that. Does OpenELEC 4.2 beta work? perhaps we have a relevant patch in there I remember something but cannot look right now - mobile phone only.
(2014-09-04, 19:06)fritsch Wrote: With nomodeset the OSS driver won't work. As it needs kms which you disable with that. I had hoped 3.16 fixes that. Does OpenELEC 4.2 beta work? perhaps we have a relevant patch in there I remember something but cannot look right now - mobile phone only.

Thx for the help with nomodeset i finally understand how i remove that ( editing the grub line ) and after remove the nomodeset i have a perfect video no tearing and no more cuts on the image. This new xbmc "kodi" is realy good on linux with dual screen. I only want improve a litle more the video qualite its possible ? I think my image are a litle dark.

Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cuts in the image1