Win Edit Decision List
I have just begun to play with EDL files in 13.2 for windows. Confluence is my skin.
It doesn't seem to work as advertised.
Currently I am using them for music videos. I am cutting out stuff at the very beginning of the video.
The contents of the file looks like this:
0 2.2 0
What I see is that there is no real granularity.
For instance: I need to cut 7.5 seconds, so I enter that. But it seems like the video plays starting at the nearest keyframe, or something. I have had similar problems when trying to edit the same unwanted parts out permanently using Virtualdub. Virtualdub wants its markers at a keyframe (apparently).

I could decrease it to 6.5 seconds and it would start in exactly the same place. If I reduce it another second, it may start at the very same place 7.5, or 6.5 did, or it may actually make a change. But you certainly don't get changes in tenths of seconds.
I have even tried using frames with the same result
#0 #210 0
This is a really cool and needed feature. I just wish it worked as advertised.
Anyone see what I am doing wrong? Or is this really a "bug"?
Additional question.
I have a movie that has two discs in the same folder.
I want to skip a bit off the front of each.

movie-disc1.avi
movie-disc2.avi

would the edl file naming be:
movie-disc1.edl
movie-disc2.edl

[edit]
That method does work.

But I still don't see control to the tenth of a second, even with movies. It's more like ±2 seconds. (see above)
Doesn't anyone have experience with these files?

Now I am trying scene markers. I use confluence skin with a mouse. I would like to assign keyboard keys to jump to next scene, or go back a scene. If they already exists, I have yet to find them.

How do I assign a key without mapping over something that already exists and is useful?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit Decision List0