Need help setting up FTV
Hi All,

I have been beating my head on the table trying to follow the now outdated FTV XBMC Wiki, and am in need of some help. I am currently running XBMC 13.2 Git: 20140817

1- Unfortunately the FireTV XBMC Wiki doesn't say anything about making sure to block upgrades before plugging in your FireTV. So my FireTV was updated as soon as it was plugged in. So now I cannot root to it. So, I need some help here.

- How do I download Llama. The problem I have is that all of the links I see for Llama have you going to the Google Play Store to get it. When I log in, it says I never logged in with a product that needs to use it. Well, I have no other android devices. And I cannot get on with FireTV. So how else can I get Llama?

I would love to at least be able to sacrafice an app to launch xbmc.

2- I finally figured out how to setup my Flirc with my Harmony One remote. However, I am noticing with my FF and RW commands, I get some crazy behavior. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get multiple presses and the FF and RW go insane.

I am also noticing this when using the FireTV remote as well. So I am not sure. Is this a bug in XBMC 13.2 or if this is an issue with the Keyboard.xml. I am thinking it's a bug in XBMC 13.2 because:
- I erased the keyboard.xml file and it still did the same thing.
- I am able to replicate the behavior with both my FireTV remote and my Harmony 1 remote.

What I think the issue is, is the use of MediaKeys. I could be wrong, but I think when using the standard XBMC, these issues did not show themselves. So I am just looking for confirmation on this.

I am hoping once I can get this stuff figured out, I will write up a nice tutorial for noobs on this. The Wiki is great, but not if your a noob. There is details for people who already have a lot of knowledge, but no where close to the details for people who are just setting up a firetv for the first time. So I am gonna see if I can make a more user friendly post. I have most of the items.

Thanks for the help.
- Ed
What do you believe is outdated on the Fire TV (wiki) wiki page? While it might need some clean up due to the size of the page, the information there seems to still be relevant. Root is not required to install XBMC/Kodi.
Sorry, I think I wrote that out of frustration. The big issue, is that there is no warning about Amazon FireTV automatically updating you. I guess I should have read around more, but I thought it would be in there.

As an aside, for issue #2 I am having here, I think that is FLIRC that is causing the issue. I reported it to the FLIRC forum. I tried it again with the Amazon remote and wasn't able to replicate the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
Quick update for whomever may do a search and come across this post later on:

1- Llama can be found here: http://kebabapps.blogspot.com/search/label/Llama

2- The multiple key presses while using Media Keys is a bug in the current (3.0 beta firmware) of Flirc. It is Sept 3, 2014 and the developer mentioned he was looking into ways of fixing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help setting up FTV0