Linux No EPG channels in TVHeadend visible with working Webgrab +
Hello!

I have installed Webgrab+. I have the installation on Ubuntu 14.04 to have EPG data in TVHeadend (HTS Tvheadend 3.4.28~geb79aee~trusty).
The installation was OK following the guide here: http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/int.../tvheadend

I installed the most recent files (including the patch). Everything worked fine (after some troubles - but this was due to my limited Linux knowledgeBlush) and now I was able to test the grab file in /usr/bin and it works. The guide.xml file seemed to be properly built. Now I was checking the TVHeadend settings and I was able see the tv_grab_file (the wg++ one) in the configuration (dropdown and selected it) in TVHeadend.

After selection of that and save changes I cannot see or select the EPG channels in the channel view in TVHeadend (it worked with mc2xml). Huh

I have no clue what I could have missed. The direction I am going now is if any permissions are not correct. do you have had a similar issue so far?

One fact I was doing is that I installed the files and modified them remotely on my MAC. So config files edited with notepad and copied back with FTP. the command line commands I made with an SSH connection to my linux machine. the fact I mean is that most of the files are now written with the root user. could this be a problem?
Or do I need to place the /wg++ folder inside the root folder of HTS? HuhConfused

Any help would be appreciated! Nod
thanks
/krijeck

PS: sorry for posting this a second time but I thought an own thread would be justified as I am already really desperate. Sad
rebuilding ....
No one any idea what I have could missed?
rebuilding ....
Try to execute the tv_grab_file (the wg++ one) as user that also starts tvheadend.

If you have specified xmltv_file_location=~/wg++/guide.xml than the script is searching in the home directory of the execute user.

The guid.xml file, generated by WebGrab++, is in some directory and the user started tv_grab_file must find/have rights for this file to.

You should see files in the directory: .hts/tvheadend/epggrab/xmltv/channels
(2014-09-06, 09:50)Meindert Wrote: Try to execute the tv_grab_file (the wg++ one) as user that also starts tvheadend.

If you have specified xmltv_file_location=~/wg++/guide.xml than the script is searching in the home directory of the execute user.

The guid.xml file, generated by WebGrab++, is in some directory and the user started tv_grab_file must find/have rights for this file to.

You should see files in the directory: .hts/tvheadend/epggrab/xmltv/channels

hello!

thanks for this hint!!! What I did now is to place the guide.xml in the folder where HTS is located and where I also had mc2xml running and working!
Now it works perfectly!!

Thanks again!
/krijeck
rebuilding ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No EPG channels in TVHeadend visible with working Webgrab +0