Win STUCK ON EXIT
Bug 
Hi there!

I have been through this countless time and can't figure out how to avoid it. Basically XBMC enters a 'OnPropertyValueChanged' loop that could last for hours when trying to exit whilst running an add-on.

Here is the log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=285332
I try exiting on line #1101 but XBMC enters loop for 5 hours, then I have to kill the process in Windows 8.1 pro to exit.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Have you tried removing the tvtunes addon to make sure that it's responsible for the crash?
The point of this post is precisely about problems exiting XBMC whilst the add-on is running. Uninstalling won't take us anywhere trying to find a fix. XBMC doesn't have an issue exiting when nothing else is running.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
The point of my post is narrowing down, which add-on is responsible.
If you take the time to find out, which addon is creating the problem on your machine, I could install it on mine aswell to see, if mine does the same. That would give the developers of Kodi and the addon more to go on.
I had the exact same problem with the alarm clock addon.
Hi schwibsi, I understand your train of thought.

What I knew was that XBMC couldn't do a clean exit whilst TvTunes add-on was running, therefore I wanted to find out why and if there was a way to fix it. When this particular add-on is running it allows for a clean exit any time but when one of its scripts (the scraper to be precise) is being executed. The reasons have been explained a few hours ago by Rob on this post. Now it would be interesting to know if the add-on you mentioned, Alarm Clock add-on, doesn't allow for a clean exit due to what reasons, e.g. same reasons as TvTunes's? An script design flaw?

Perhaps Rob could correct me here if I am wrong: it seems to me TvTunes has been designed in a way that echoes XBMC native behaviour in several aspects (which is great, within of course the limitations of Python), so it would exit any time without making XBMC crash, unless again, that is tried whilst the user is purposely running the scraper on foreground. If an add-on is running in the background and by doing so it's preventing XBMC from exiting, then this to me sounds a serious matter that would need to be solved.
Best,

capfuturo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
STUCK ON EXIT0