Airplay audio choppy
I'm using xbmc gotham on an old laptop (800MHz CPU, 1GB RAM) running Lubuntu. I find airplay audio consistently choppy: a short dropout happens every 20 seconds. Sometimes 2 or 3 glitches come together, but it's pretty much always spaced at 20 second intervals. The behaviour is the same streaming from iOS7 iPhone4 or iMac. I just updated to gotham today, I had the same issue with frodo.

I'm not sure if this setting helps, but i've put this in advancedsettings.xml (I can't remember why).

<network>
<alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
<cachemembuffersize>52428800</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>

I've enabled debug and airtunes logging, here's the logfile
http://paste.ubuntu.com/8226824/%0A

Any suggestions are warmly welcomed.
thanks.
Fix your network.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Video streaming to xbmc from the same iMac works fine, which would seem to suggest that this is an airplay-specific issue rather than a general network problem.
The cachesettings don't affect airplay streaming.

You get this:

Code:
22:01:49 T:3077593408   DEBUG: UPower: Received an unknown signal DeviceChanged

each 30 secs. Might be the issue?

Also alot of

Code:
AIRTUNES: Got resend request 15786 1

Where i am not quiet sure if those are ment to be there...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The upower thingy is most likely a wireless keyboard that goes to powersave.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay audio choppy0